Thread: Doombringer change needed in Tribes: Ascend

Doombringer change needed in Tribes: Ascend

While you select to play a heavy in Tribest then you are going to face one of the hardest armours. Tribes is the game you had to learn quickly or you would get owned. I liked the game very much but found that the Doombringer is more defence orientated and this is having a few good sides but there are more bad sides of this. First of all, the main weapon which is chaingun is having an excellent firerate and it is able to chew up anybody within seconds. But this is a big one and it takes time to start up where players come towards you at 100 mph from behind hills. According to me it is an unfair advantage to the other player. The difficulty with the core gun wouldn’t be such a crisis if the second weapon would compensate but it’s a missile launcher just usable in “Specific” situations. I want request the either to make bolt thrower changeable through the missile launcher and the chaingun a default weapon otherwise change the missile launcher in to a shoot. I would like to hear from people over here about this.

Re: Doombringer change needed in Tribes: Ascend

I believe that the DMB required something to boost its offensive capabilities; I don't feel having an insta-chaingun is the answer. According to maybe a dissimilar secondary may help but this could simply make the class overpowered or take away from its defensive nature. I play either the DMB otherwise JUG whenever I play. I feel very limited most of the times through the arsenal of the DMB. The launcher makes DMB extremely unique. This is hard to use but it is useful to keep people grounded. Most of the times I start to target someone who is taking off, they stop jetting as well as drop to the ground to keep me as of locking on. This is really great. It leaves them weak to a mid-fielder to disc/nade/mortar them.

I also feel that indoor DMB is very limited. I know that function of the DMB is flag defense. It places mines as well as shields on travel paths, pepper PTH because they run by at 200km/hr as well as explode similar to dropped lego castle on my garage floor. This is only when I have to engage an enemy. I am able to aim the chain gun decently but this is only when the enemy is having idea that how to aim. I am not having anything with splash damage to utilize at a landing opponent, otherwise a nade to try my luck. I know that there is not class that can have it but it just looks like I have a little less because of a DMB as compared to other classes I have played with.

I really hope that I will be able to contribute a little more while I need to take back a gen room. If gen is down then I will be of no use outside devoid of shields, otherwise the skill to throw down additional mines while mine get blown up. Maybe if the launcher could be utilized indoors with the normal rocket launcher on reduced damage? Lock-on would put in more damage for the added prep time while used outdoors, instant fire would do around 70% damage. They must add a few more utilities, at least for the weapons.

Everyone is having boom weapon and all of them are using them. Just take a look at the gameplay that is going on around you. I am sure that you will find only the explosive weapons like ARX launchers, grenade launchers, spinfusors, grenades, etc... If there is bullet weapons like chaingun available then why all the people are using all the things other than bullet weapons? We require to have a useful secondary and this is because the Sabre is SHYTT.

I am agree with the missile launcher and that is being really too bad but that is having the support for the weapons. Seriously, in the manner that CG have atm there is not like you can give DMB's as a secondary. CG has already done that and this is really better. It will be helpful to have the explosive for indoor fighting and the sabre is plenty useful in CTF and we can make use of that as a support weapon. I am playing the game with the constant fear that I will run over by grav cycles on top of Temple Ruins.