Thread: What is difference between Thumper and Spinfusor in Tribes: Ascend

What is difference between Thumper and Spinfusor in Tribes: Ascend

I am playing Tribes: Ascend game and i want know what is difference between TCN's Thumper and SLD's Spinfusor weapons in Tribes: Ascend game. if anyone have used both the weapons then please let me know the difference, i am looking for difference specifically in destructiveness, splash radius, and muzzle area.

Re: What is difference between Thumper and Spinfusor in Tribes: Ascend

As far as i know spinfusors have a direct line of fire - The thumper arcs, and has a smaller but higher damage splash radius. However it's actually very simple to aim and place. The rate of fire, plus the damage make it actually the better than the light and normal spinfusor. it is good for new player and for professional player or anyone who played tribes 1 or 2 for a while, it's actually a higher damage version of the noob cannon they're used too - with a higher rate of fire, slightly higher damage and - mostly importantly, it's always a direct arc. Both in tribes 1 - 2 the Grenade launcher wasn't 100% accurate - It would hit over a large range but you'd never be able to place it on their head, suffice to say it was only really shot when the target was near the ground - however I get mid aired by the thumper even at high speeds.if you are playing an entirely new interpretation of Tribes there, as it should be - Spinfusors should still be the main, and dominant weapon of choice.When we talk about the epic moments in this series it's usually involving a spinfusor, as that is tribes- It's what has put this games combat apart from others. The idea of skiing fast and non instantaneous weaponry. Grenade launchers you can get in any game for a dime a dozen.the light spinfusor in my opinion should be a fraction faster to fire. the Thumper a fraction slower, it's grenade arc slightly randomised. This would not be a nerf of the Ranger class as they have a projectile weapon which also needs a bit of love considering it's easily outmatched by the infiltrators SMG. Also - It might be a bug but I notice spinfuzor splash does either no damage on some direct hits - even passing through the model and exploding elsewhere.

i am playing Tribes: Ascend game in my computer and according to me spinfusor is better then Thumper because spinfusor has better range but inside bases do matter. The projectile size is way too small, it isn't very visible and thus is way harder to dodge than the very visible spinfuzor,The projectile speed is way too fast, making it very easy to aim without much prediction and The damage is relatively high compared to the other statistics it holds. sometimes I do think that the Thumper DX is basically to compensate for the lack of versatility that the Ranger's rifle holds.

The Soldier's Spinfusor and the Ranger's Thumper have exactly the same fire rate and direct impact damage. i can not provide you exact information on the aoe radius/falloff, but according to me they are less for the Thumper. The projectile speed of the Thumper is lower. The range of the Spinfusor is a lot higher.

I was searching information on internet about dps of weapons. after spending some tine on internet i come to know that A light spinfusor hits for 580 at feet of a light, Thumper 650 at feet (on a medium target), Spinfuser 650 at feet (on a medium target). As far as class of weapons are concern then the class with the slightly slower spinfusors secondary is a pistol, the one with the faster firing and - sadly harder to beat counterpart, has a primary weapon as it's backup.if the soldier's weapon is the spinfusor, it should make up for the duality, if not blanket security of the ranger. As for medium class selection, you have the class literally marked as the easiest in the game, with a spray and pray weapon doing 80-90 dmg per bullet, albiet i've only found it useful in close quarters personally - the Thumper, a clear room grenade.

if that soldier tries to fire his spinfuzor over, up or across hilly ground then explosions will be pretty blue. On other hand The thumper is all around more versatile. And in direct line of sight. I have also noticed that shockwave from the thumper always knock higher than the spinfuzor which means it has has a large splash.

I have played both the Soldier and Ranger for a while now and I definitely would prefer the spinfusors over the Thumper. According to me for Static defense Thumper and Spinfusor work almost the same. Thumpers have an advantage with the 'invisible' projectile but either way there is very little time or room to dodge. As far as Flasg capping is concerned the advantage goes clearly and without any doubt to the spinfusor wielding classes for one simple reason: spinfusor boosting. I don't know why, but the Thumper does not grant as big a boost to speed as the spinfusor can. Also, when being chased, I find it easier to return fire with the spinfusor then with the thumper. Again, the "push" effect seems lower on the Thumper when hitting enemies.For flag chasing spinfusor boosting grants an advantage. One disadvantage of the Thumper does become very apparent though; projectile range. At very high speed chases, it sometimes takes too long for the Thumper projectile to catch up and it explodes ineffectively in mid-air. I'd say that the advantage here once again goes to the spinfusor. For destroying turrets and generators Thumper is better option. It feels (at least to me) a lot easier to aim a thumper at a turret while one is moving at speed then a spinfusor. As for generators, they are usually in rooms with cramped access corridors. The Thumper's advantage here is that it is easier to arc a shot into a room without exposing oneself. Granted, the soldier has grenades that can largely achieve the same, but fewer. For generator assault, I prefer the thumper. Although in all honestly, I prefer to attack generators with other classes then the two beginner classes.