Thread: Tribes: Ascend is crashing on start up

Tribes: Ascend is crashing on start up

I have been trying to run Tribes: Ascend but then the problem that I am facing with the game is that when I am running the game then it is showing me a small banner of Tribes: Ascend and after that the screen is just turning black, at this time I am able to hear the music and when the music skips then I am able to see the screen of controls and after that the game crashes after few seconds and then I get a send error box, is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about this and can help me solving it out??

Re: Tribes: Ascend is crashing on start up

Even I am facing the same issue but then in a different manner, in my case the crashing is taking place sooner, I mean that I am getting the Tribes logo and then the screen goes black but then I am not able to hear the music and see anything further from the Black load screen as the game crashes after that and I get an error message saying "Tribes Ascend has stopped working...", I have tried running the game normally as well as with the Gamebooster 3.0 but then I am still facing the same crash in the same manner, running the game with the Gamebooster 3.0, I have tried shutting off process and services as well but then even they did not helped, is there any workaround that we can try to get rid of this issue??

I am facing the same issue with the game and even I am not able to hear the music but then I am just getting black screen and after that the game crashes, the windows is indicating me that it is an APPCRASH, I have opened the Crash Dialog and have found the below thing:
    Direct3DDevice->CreateVertexShader((DWORD*)Code(0),(IDirect3DVertexShader9**)VertexShader.Get Init Reference()) failed at d:\LiveBuild\Tribes\Development\Src\D3D9Drv\Src\D3D9Shaders.cpp:12
    with error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
    Address = 0x763afbae (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
    Address = 0x481ef1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Hi-Rez Studios\games\tribes alpha\binaries\Win32\TribesAscend.exe]
    Address = 0x4b2d43 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Hi-Rez Studios\games\tribes alpha\binaries\Win32\TribesAscend.exe]

I have also checked out the crash report and this is what I am getting, I am not able to make out much from the same.
    Rendering thread exception
    result failed
    at d:\LiveBuild\Tribes\Development\Src\D3D9Drv\Src\D3D9Vieport.cpp:194
    with error D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR
    Address = 0x7c812afb (filename not found) [in C:WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll]
    Address = 0x481ef1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Hi-Rez Studios\games\tribes alpha\binaries\Win32\TribesAscend.exe]
    Address = 0x4b2d43 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Hi-Rez Studios\games\tribes alpha\binaries\Win32\TribesAscend.exe]
    Does anyone has any information about this??

I have checked out for the same and have found the below possible solutions for solving it, just check them out and see if they are helping.
    • Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers and make sure that you are checking out the Technical References page so as to get the proper and official download links.
    • Try Turning off the SLI / Crossfire and then starting the game
    • Try Turning off the anti-virus software that you might be having before running the game, as there are possibilities that it might be interfering with the game, you can turn on anti-virus after playing the game, other than this make sure Windows Defender is disabled as well
    • Use only one GPU by turning the other one off by going in to nVidia / ATI graphics control panel
    • Run the game in Windowed Mode it has been found to be working for low-end PCs having issues with games.
    • Try Disabling the anti-aliasing and filtering and then restart the Tribes Ascend.
    • Try disabling the V-sync and then restart Tribes Ascend.
    • Try Disabling the background apps and turning off the anti-virus software while running the game to avoid them to interfere with the game.
    • If you are running Windows 7 in your system then right-click on the Tribes Ascend exe file and then click on the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and then check mark the ‘Disable Desktop Composition’ option.
    • Just try out the above fixes and then let me know the one that is helping you out.

The crash report that you both are getting is the common Unreal Engine 3 Direct3D9 crash, I have found that all the Unreal Engine 3 games produce the same when they crash, in order to solve out the same you will have to edit the configuration files and for that just follow the below steps:
    • First go in to the tribes.ini which will be in My Documents\My Games\Tribes Ascend\TribesGame\Config\ and open that file, in that file there will be a group at the top and it will be having some settings that would have been set to true so you just have to change them to false with the exception of "DropParticleDistortion" and after that launch the game and then it should work.

Just try out the same and then let me know if this is helping you out if not then you can try out the solutions that has been mentioned above.

I had sent out a ticket to the Support and they had replied me with the below solution:
    • First open the Open Hi-Command and then click on the options button which will be in the top corner of the screen and then Select, "Tribes:Ascend Closed Beta" from the Installed Games List,
    • After that click on the button naming "Rerun Pre-Reqs" – this button will appear when one select the respected game from the Installed Games List.
    • Now just select "Yes" for all prompts that you get and then re launch the game.

I have tried out the same several times but then it is just not helping me out.

I just wanted to know that what operating system you guys are using is it windows, mac os x or linux, actually I am having two system at my place where one is running on Windows 7 Ultimate and the other is running on Windows 7 Professional and I have found that the game is just working fine on Windows 7 Professional but then it is crashing on Windows 7 Ultimate, I am not very sure but then I think that it is because of the way that I have downloaded the game in the below ways:
    From Hi-command Launcher- it did not worked
    From e-mail with beta key- it worked
    So here you can try downloading the game in both ways and see if any of them is helping you out or not.

I have tried running the game hi-rez launcher as admin now and this time I game did not came up with an message saying "this program has stopped responding and was closed" but then now it has come up with another message saying "Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting..." so later when I tried running the game normally then I again got the previous error message, I have checked out the graphic card as well and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, I also wanted to share that my card is listed as a 2 on the game's gpu compatibility list, I have checked out the same in the configuration folder, I am really not able to make out that what is the causing the error, I have installed some other games as well and I am not having any issues with the same, is there anyone who has been able to solve out the crashing issue so far??