Thread: How is Kishock Harpoon Gun in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

How is Kishock Harpoon Gun in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

Recently I tried Kishock Harpoon Gun in bronze solo with batarian soldier. It seems to be a strange weapon. I think I should give try with silver or gold in order to get the better idea of the same. in the first impression it is making enough amount of damage to shields/barriers/health. Right now I am able to fire from the hip and was able to kill almost entire infantry. However it was a bronze with having kishock X and EB V. but the batarian soldier of mine was not able to do well in bronze Atlas. mediocre shield damage having less effect on the armor though it was charged up. The ballistic blades and heavy melee were supposed to be more effective in the game. I think I should start to love harpoon gun if it could work as a assault rifle as there are already number of good sniper rifles are available in the game.

Re: How is Kishock Harpoon Gun in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

Yes it is the best sniper rifle available in the game and I really love the same. you will require little bit time to learn the entire thing but once you have get used to it you will get lots of fun. If you are able to charging before cloak then I think you will be able to do ridiculous damage. I am hoping that it should have cover penetration same as that of widow however rest of the performance is great enough. I let you know that one of the friend of mine was on a infiltrator, Cloaked and fully charged the weapon and used the same to shot enemies or phantoms on gold. He did it in a single shot. There was no energy drain or removal of shield. It also ignoring bleed-gate and causing bleed damage so in case if enemies is not diying at initial impact then he could die after a while. There is need of more setup as it supposed to do full charge. However you will able to get great results if you can use well. It is not able to go through walls/cover though it penetrate so that kill the guardian and there is no riot-tower shields.

I really did not liked this particular weapon. It was doing very less damage and I tried only once in the silver. So I concluded there is need of getting used to of it. after the end of the game I was trying to start and get hang of it. I have also not tried it on infiltrator. Its likely that it would help me to do good damage. According to me it supposed to be a anti-personnel weapon where all the other good snipers are supposed to be anti-material. So it is necessary to handle armor well in the game. also I would give a shot on SI at the later stage.

I gather some statistics of the above mentioned and I hope that it would be useful to you.
    • It is making damage of 806.8 while playing the game at level X.
    • It simply fires into arcing projectile and when you are aiming on the head of the enemy.
    • It has 300% headshot multiplied as compared to normal 250% in order to increasing the difficulty settings into the scoring headshots..
    • It provides 80% damage when it hits somewhere.
    • It makes 20% total damage into the bleeding damage for the upcoming 10 seconds.
    • It takes around 1.5 secs to fully charge after doing the full damage.
    • Fully charged shot supposed to do 1.5x standard damage.

Well I let you know that I have used above mentioned weapon in the 3 matched. For your information I am not a big fan of this particular weapon. However I really wanted to use one-shot kill shielded enemies skills in the game. in my opinion there is no need to use energy drain for the some enemies available. The thing aiming seems to be weird. I got some unsatisfactory results. I tried with sequence in which I managed to destroy all the things and got 6-7 kill feed. After doing that I was having trouble to hit anything in the game. Its not anti-material so you will require to load lots of damage on the non armor apart from brutes and ravagers. They are taking lots of damage. So it is mandatory to charge the gun before you are supposed to go for fight.

I tried the above mentioned weapon on the infiltrator in a single game and after that I roll backed to Black Widow. The travel time in the game is making me spinning chore. The damage done in the game seems to be sufficient enough particularly on the regular enemies. But it does not provide the proper output on the bosses such as Atlas. Even the weapon is fully charged and cloaked shot was not able to provide the proper result. DoT not working for me as well. Reloading the sniper seems to be awful thing to do. rather I could have three shots. I disliked the total time taken to charge the gun as I could snipe at that time only. Finally rumbling of the controller is effecting the accuracy of mine. it could be a best weapon for the person who is mid-range type character. However I did not find anything impressive in it.

The total damage was not same as that of damage done by widow. So I has used the harpoon gun into silver mode only. It was why happened because the travel time seems to be inconsistent while hitting or moving. It did not working on small, or distant targets especially when I am not on the host. So there is need to be used to of widow. All the targets of mine were one of them only in the game. after playing couple of hours I have concluded that it can do well with mid or close range characters. Since in the way gun is being charged and gun is interacting with the cover. It is making the gun better because of usage of cover and moving. It is doing insane damage and it is having an ability to ignore the shield gate which could be useful in certain situations. However it is not versatile as that of the widow. I am sure about the thing that practice and little bit luck would make me hit the target effectively. So I will be able to get better while managing charging and cover. There is no issue with widow itself. Hence I will be able to give better performance in that particular scenario as well. This particular game needs different kind of playing style rather that of normal sniper to get the maximum efficiency.

So far I did not get any opportunity to use the DLC weapons or characters available. However after reading all the posters regarding the above mentioned weapon would forced to concluded that I should try the weapon by myself only. People are having mixed response on this particular weapon. So are saying it supposed to do less damage where as some are saying it supposed to be one shot beast. So either people managed to get the enough grip on the weapon or they were not able to use the same by any mean.

Well I found that it takes lots of time to charge so that we can have full damage. It means that it is slower than that of molasses. If you have started charging after clocking than you should forgot cloak by any mean. If there is lots of gaze over while running with the charge then it would fire automatically in the game. there are chances that one shot on the gold seems to be really great but there are lots of negative parts are concerned. according to me the concept the fundamental of charging if you are wanted to kill as early as possible. I am not able to stand with GPS Infiltrators as it is taking lots of time to moving around rather than that of total time taken to kill someone . same thing is happening with the
    retarded weapon as well. I have found that scope does not allow to zoom maximum with the other sniper available. Hence I have concluded that it supposed to be a medium range weapon. I got issue with the bronze class as I was not able to get what one should do.