Thread: Tribes: Ascend is freezing randomly

Tribes: Ascend is freezing randomly

I have just started playing this game and I don’t know what’s wrong with it as it is just freezing randomly, I mean that some time the game freezes after 5 seconds of starting the game and sometime after 30 minutes but then it has started happening frequently today, when the freezing occurs the screen will flicker black and appear as if the video card is dying, I have tested out the video card on OCCT and it was working fine there so I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the card in my case, I have tried reducing the settings and running the game on ultra high and I am not but then it is not making any difference and the freezing issue I still there, the freezing of the game is really very frustrating, I have got the latest patch of the game as well and even it did not helped, is there anyone else who has been facing the same or has an idea about resolving it??

Re: Tribes: Ascend is freezing randomly

I have just started playing this game and I don’t know what’s wrong with it as it is just freezing randomly, I mean that some time the game freezes after 5 seconds of starting the game and sometime after 30 minutes but then it has started happening frequently today, when the freezing occurs the screen will flicker black and appear as if the video card is dying, I have tested out the video card on OCCT and it was working fine there so I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the card in my case, I have tried reducing the settings and running the game on ultra high and I am not but then it is not making any difference and the freezing issue I still there, the freezing of the game is really very frustrating, I have got the latest patch of the game as well and even it did not helped, is there anyone else who has been facing the same or has an idea about resolving it??
    I have been facing the same issue with the Tribes: Ascend where I get the game black screen and the system gets locked up, I have bene looking of for the same in other forum and have found some others facing the same as well but then I have not yet found an effective solution for the same, so had mentioned that it is because of the GPU temperature and some have mentioned that they are running in to this issue after running an update for their nvidia card but then I am not having the same case, I am not over clocking the card so I don’t think that there might be something wrong with them as well, is there anyone who has resolved out this issue by some workaround??

Even I have came across a no of people having the same the freezing issue, many users have reported this issues as well, even I am facing small random stutters while playing the game, I have tried out 2 patches the back fps_stat was showing the drops and at that time the avg fps was dropping 60 to 10 and then jumping to 60 again in just some interval of seconds, in the previous patch that I had used the fps_stat had stopped showing the stutters and was showing normal avg but then the stutter was still there, I was over clocking the card previously but then now I have Clock the cards to their stock speed but then the issue is still there, I have found that the freezing mostly takes place when I kill heavy and he respawns, I think that there is something wrong with the new patch as I have ran the game before as well and it was running fine at that time.

You can count me in as well, I am using the same patch and have recently bought a new card and have made a fresh installation of the windows as well for getting the optimized performance but then even after all this the game is just freezing, in my case it is appearing in the training as well, I have found that when I am playing the game Online then the freezing of the game occurs with a frame rate drop of about 20, it also happens in the training mode as I have said but then at that time there is no drop in the frame rate, I have found people mentioning that the issue was there since the before the 20-22 march patch and if it really so then it is really disappointing to know that the devs have not yet fixed them out.

I was facing the same issue with this game and was wandering in other forums to find out a solution for this and had found people mentioning that changing the PhysX to CPU by going in to the Nvidia control panel had solved the freezing issue for then but then it did not made any difference when I tried it out, later after a lot of trouble shooting I found that it was the Aero theme on Windows 7 that was causing the issue in my case and since turning it off I have not yet faced the same freezing issue again, so if anyone of you is using Aero theme on Windows 7 then just turn it off and see if it is helping you as well or not. I am having below system
    • Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
    • GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) 8 gb of ram
    • AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 8.17.12.8562 1536Mb