Thread: Getting msvcr90.dll error when playing Blacklight: Retribution

Getting msvcr90.dll error when playing Blacklight: Retribution

I have been facing msvcr90.dll error since after getting the latest patch for Blacklight: Retribution, I have tried finding out a solution for the same but then I have not yet got any success, the only thing that has helped me so far is my friend who had created the clan but then is not using the same so I am using it on his behalf for sending the clan invites, I have tried playing the game with his account and I am not facing any crash in the game with his account, I don’t know what is the issue about, is there anyone who has faced the same???

Re: Getting msvcr90.dll error when playing Blacklight: Retribution

I have been facing msvcr90.dll error since after getting the latest patch for Blacklight: Retribution, I have tried finding out a solution for the same but then I have not yet got any success, the only thing that has helped me so far is my friend who had created the clan but then is not using the same so I am using it on his behalf for sending the clan invites, I have tried playing the game with his account and I am not facing any crash in the game with his account, I don’t know what is the issue about, is there anyone who has faced the same???
    In that case I just wanted to know that how long you have been playing this game, I have found a no of people facing the crash for some hours but then things were well after a day and so, I also wanted to share that there were some people as well who were having issues with some crash free games but then it has been fixed, if you want then you can try creating another account and see if you are getting the same response or the game is running fine?? Just check it out and let me know what you get.

I have been playing it for a long time, and as far as creating another account is concerned I have tried out that as well and I am not having any such issues with the newly created account, it appears to be with my account, I don’t think that there is anything wrong from my end as the other accounts are working fine but then it is with the game or servers and with some specific accounts, I really wish that they track it out soon and fix it as soon as possible.

I have checked out for the same and I have found that there are a no of ways in which the msvcr90.dll error occurs, some of them are as followed:
    • "Msvcr90.dll Not Found"
    • "This application failed to start because msvcr90.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
    • "Cannot find [PATH]\msvcr90.dll"

So here I just wanted to know what’s your case??? Just post the exact error here for further help.

As far as I am aware the Msvcr90.dll errors can be caused by the following:
    1. Due to registry issue
    2. Due to virus or malware
    3. hardware failure

So first check these things out and see if you are having one of the cases at your end, if not then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the game server in the way that you have already mentioned above.

See for solving out the Msvcr90.dll error you can try out the below possible solutions and see if any of them is appearing to be helping you out:
    • If you think that the error has occurred after making some changes to the an important file or configuration then you can try out making a system Restore so as to avoid the recent system changes
    • If it is occurring when you are just running the game then you can try reinstalling the game
    • If you are getting "The file msvcr90.dll is missing" error then you can try out updating the video card drivers
    • You can also try out running sfc /scannow System File Checker command for replacing the missing msvcr90.dll file

Just check it out and then let me know which possible solution is helping you out.

I really don’t think that this issues is because of the Msvcr90.dll missing as I have already mentioned that I am not getting the same error when I am trying to play the game with the new account that I have created or with my friend account, so this issues is basically with the game or servers. I don’t think that there is any registry, virus or malware or any virus or malware as I have tested out the account on the same machine just with one blacklight account?? I also wanted to share that I have tried making fresh installation windows as well and it did not made any difference, if there was any such issues that you have mentioned above then it should have been solved. I think that it is just because of something that they have added in the patch.

I think that you should have better tried out reinstalling visual C++ runtime because the fresh installation of windows does not always have the newest version of the C++ runtime, I suspect the version of the C++ runtime to be the cause of the issue, so just try out reinstalling the same and see if it is making any difference or not.

I think that I can help you out here as I was having the same issue with my old blacklight account and after a lot of trouble shooting I was able to get rid of the issue and not the game just works fine with the same account. For solving out the issue you will just have to Download "vredistx86.exe" setup and after that select the respected vredistx86 for your system, make sure that you are choosing the one which is appropriate for your system keep in mind the release date as well.