Thread: Getting “Blacklight: Retribution has stopped working” error while playing game

Getting “Blacklight: Retribution has stopped working” error while playing game

Hello friends, I have started to play the game and when I was launching launcher then I was getting “Blacklight: Retribution has stopped working” error, whenever I am doing it then I am getting same thing and after that it crashes. I really do not know what is reason of problem which is been occurring. I am using graphics card which is having DirectX 9.0b and Shader Model 2.0. I do not think that it might be problem of it and also I have already checked minimum requirement of game and think that it has fulfill it. So please tell me that where might be problem and also is there anything which is needed to add then please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Getting “Blacklight: Retribution has stopped working” error while playing game

I would like to suggest that you better check your graphics card is 256MB VRAM, if you are not having it then you better have one of those, which will be solving the problem and also you will be able to play it.

Re: Getting “Blacklight: Retribution has stopped working” error while playing game

I am already having graphics card which is having 256MB VRAM, if you people have to get confirm then I am using AMD Radeon X1250, so according to requirement I am having everything and also it should work, then also it is not working.

I think that you are having some wrong information about card, let me tell you that AMD Radeon X1250 is just a onboard graphics card which is been made for portable devices such notebooks or laptop. If you were knowing something about X700 or used it earlier then this card is been presently based on that just that it is having less pixel- and vertex-pipelines which was more in X700. It is also having RS690M / M690T chipset. If you have checked Wikipedia website then over there it was told that exact core clock is not at all same such that there is variation between 350 MHz to 400 MHz, where cards Xpress X1200, X1250, and X1270 are giving you same number of graphics core but it will be having some different core clock and then also there might be difference in performance.

I do not think that anyone select AMD Radeon X1250 card for games, if someone select that card then he wanted to play Quake 3 Arena and Warcraft 3 games on it, among these two games he can play Quake 3 Arena in 1024x768 in HD and whereas the other one with minimum. If it is trying to play higher level games such as FEAR, Doom3 and Quake 4 then that user might be able to play it. There are plenty of strategy games which cannot be played on it, if also user tries to play it with minimum settings. So I would suggest that you better change to some other card and get a higher one to play it.

The problem which you are getting is due to configuration of your system, you might be thinking that you are having graphics card which is as per requirement then let me tell you that it is not been supported better, I would suggest that you get a good gaming card. Which will be very much supported and also there will no problem with it, whereas I am running this game on my system, did not have that error for a single time.

Even I was getting same error message which user is getting and now I have understand what is the problem, I am also using same series graphics card, such that ATI Radeon X1300/1550 Series. One thing which I really do not understand, if it is been told in requirement that minimum requirement of card is so much, so having that card also then game should, it should not give error, otherwise they should specify which series card should be used for it. So that user can get it and play it without any errors.

I would like to say that this game is been designed according to configuration of latest and new card which is their in market. If you are try to run it on older system/laptop then it will be sure that you will be getting error and also you will be not getting proper output which you required.

The game launches up and i see black then it just says: Blacklight Retribution has stopped working windows can look for solution online: then I have two choices (check for solution online) and (close the program)