Thread: Overheating of CPU when playing Blacklight: Retribution

Overheating of CPU when playing Blacklight: Retribution

I purchased and installed Blacklight Retribution in my PC yesterday. I am currently playing it for around 2 hours. During this period, the temperature of my CPU has raised to 95 degree Celsius. I switch off the game and let the PC remain on idle state for around 15 minutes and then noticed the temperature, it has gone down to around 37 degree Celsius. I don’t know what is happening, but this game is generating a lot of heat from CPU. I opened the side panel to see if everything is fine, I observed that GPU is releasing most amount of heat while playing this game. Does anybody else is experiencing this overheating or is it just a problem with my system? Does anyone know how do I solve this problem?

Re: Overheating of CPU when playing Blacklight: Retribution

Did you check the fan speed of that cools the processor? It can cause the issue of overheating. This game is known to utilize more resources from the processor rather than the GPU. So if the game requires more clock speed than your processor can provide, processor is overworked by the system resulting in overheating. I suggest you to work on processor’s condition rather than GPU. You should also try cleaning the internal parts of your system and accumulated dust can cause reduction in speed of the fans that cool the internal system.

I too am having a similar problem. Whenever I play Blacklight: retribution for more than an hour, it just freezes and after some time it just crashes. First I thought that it must e an issue with the graphic drivers but then I found that my CPU was heating above its normal temperature. I don’t know if you game is freezing or crashing but I think the overheating problem persists in this game. My friend suggested me to check if connection of my hard disk. According to him, if the game is finding difficult to access its system files, it requires to put more stress on the system which results in overheating of system. I checked the connections manually, ran CHKDSK scan but no problem was found. CPU still overheats after playing this game for hour or so.

Check the working of PSU of your system. See if it s providing power to all the peripherals consistently and is distributing as needed. Many times insufficient power to the peripherals results in overheating.

Is your CPU placed in a closed environment? If it is, then you should remove it out of it and place it so the ventilator and fans are not close to any walls or covered up area. Problem of overheating can be caused due to improper airflow in the CPU cabinet. If a good airflow is not provided, then the hot air gets accumulated in the system and doesn’t go out of it. This accumulation of hot air leads to overheating of CPU. The game must be generating heat more than normal, but a proper ventilation and good airflow can easily overcome this problem.

You can try increasing the fan speed of your graphic card and other fans too. This might help to control the heat inside the CPU. Also check if dust has accumulated in the blades of fan. They must be reducing the speed f the fan while rotating.

To solve the problem of overheating you can use extra coolers in your CPU. There are many radiators, watercoolers and cooling fans with good speed. This will help you keep your CPU from generating less amount of heat. I use watercooler system in my computer which gives a good cooling. I don’t experience any heating issues while playing this game. You can also overclock the cooling fans to make them rotate faster and cool you peripherals more efficiently.