Thread: Unable to auto-update Blacklight: Retribution with Cryptic Launcher

Unable to auto-update Blacklight: Retribution with Cryptic Launcher

Hello friends, I have installed everything and when I am clicking on launcher then it is saying Trying to update the launcher, it is been seen on top left screen. When it is doing that then says be patient. It is trying to connect then it is been connected in first time but it also try to connect on Second time also. After some time it is been stopped and it is saying that “Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support” I have got stuck over here and really do not know what to do. So please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Unable to auto-update Blacklight: Retribution with Cryptic Launcher

When you are getting that message then they are trying to say that contact Technical Support and also submit a ticket, to submit just go over here and tell what problem you are getting it. It will be definitely not hurt you to post here also, but user are very much active and will find out some solution for it. I am hoping that you will be able to get answer over there and also you will be able to play it.

I have also try it and would like to tell that I have tried that same thing from 6 different browsers, when I was doing it then I was getting error on the link and it was been happening when I was submitting ticket. I am trying to run game as admin and put it on compatibility mode.

I would like to say that I was also getting the same problem which you are getting it and I did not use it. I am not sure that it is was connection problem anyhow, where game is not able to load graphics for me for whatever reason and also sometime I am getting some of timeouts here and there.

The problem which most of people where getting is been solved but it is a temporary solution to fix this problem. It is been old bypass time launcher and profit method. Such that you better go to Blacklight Retribution OB\Blacklight Retribution\Live\Binaries\Win32, once you have reached then run BLR.exe. When you will be trying this then it will work till the time there is a new patch, with any luck by then launcher will have fixed itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    The problem which most of people where getting is been solved but it is a temporary solution to fix this problem. It is been old bypass time launcher and profit method. Such that you better go to Blacklight Retribution OB\Blacklight Retribution\Live\Binaries\Win32, once you have reached then run BLR.exe. When you will be trying this then it will work till the time there is a new patch, with any luck by then launcher will have fixed itself.
    I am not able to get BLR.exe in folder just that I have re-installed game again, so is there any solution to make it working. Please do tell me about it and I will surely try that.

I would like to say that if it is not patching then close everything and I mean to say that all non-essential programs which are been running in background should be close, then after that run game it as admin and also in compatibility mode and select your present operating system as selected operating system. I would like to clear that when I am saying all non essentials so I actually mean it and all except what windows needs to run.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I was searching for it and did not found and i would like to tell there is no such folder called binaries

I had the same problem, with the system saying that the launcher was unable to autoconnect. However, the problem got fixed when I went to the Blacklight site first, kept the site open in my browser, and then tried running the launcher. Not sure why this works, but I hope it helps.

Thanks for that easy fix. But still what I found that the issue does not appear on a fully patched game who's size is estimated around 10GB. Just by fixing the binary files of game does not provide much help or can be only temporary fix. This problem is very common where the launcher fails to connect with game server. There can be some security application in the game blocking the connectivity.