Thread: Try following solutions if you are having problem with Blacklight: Retribution launcher

Try following solutions if you are having problem with Blacklight: Retribution launcher

there are lots of people who are having issues with the launcher of Blacklight: Retribution. I have dedicated this particular thread to gather all the users who are having issue with the launcher. Also I wanted to discuss common solutions to associated to fix them. I hope all the users will contribute their efforts to make this particular thread to useful.

Re: Try following solutions if you are having problem with Blacklight: Retribution launcher

I have found that launcher was crashing when I was installing patch. However I concluded following thing.
    In this particular situation you will need to reboot as well as run the update again. also I have found that users who are having less than 2GB RAM would get the issue with the patching itself.

Re: Try following solutions if you are having problem with Blacklight: Retribution launcher

I loved the game but noticed that play button did not seems to appearing. I tried couple of solution which can be helpful to you.
    • Go to internet Explorer and check and confirm that Java and security settings are correctly made. Also see that sure cookies are enabled.
    • For cookies you have to go for Internet Options and click on Privacy and go for Advanced and select accept first-party cookies.
    • Finally see that you are not playing the game into high-contrast mode and also see that there should not be any video capture programs running in the background.

If you are getting Error 36 in the launcher then you might be running out of the hard disk space or you will need to run the launcher as an administrator. to run the launcher as administrator you have to perfume below mentioned steps.

You have to right click on the launcher and click on the Run as administrator from the right click menu.

You can try following work around if launcher is getting close immediately at time of startup or behaving strangely.
    Simply navigate to
    install_folder]\Blacklight Retribution OB\Blacklight Retribution\Live\FoxGame\Config\PCConsole\Cooked
    you will have number of files such as config.bin, 4 .ini files. .bak files are the default versions of the .ini files.
    Here you have to replace .ini files with .bak file. I mean you have to remove .ini files and rename all the .bak files to .ini.