Thread: Main Menu of Blacklight Retribution is running to slow to function

Main Menu of Blacklight Retribution is running to slow to function

I have recently downloaded Blacklight Retribution and have installed it as well and the problem that I am facing with this game is that the Main Menu is running to slow to function, menu is loading but then with very low fps and the game just crashes by the time i log in it, Is there anyone else who has faced the same and had an idea about it???

Re: Main Menu of Blacklight Retribution is running to slow to function

I have recently downloaded Blacklight Retribution and have installed it as well and the problem that I am facing with this game is that the Main Menu is running to slow to function, menu is loading but then with very low fps and the game just crashes by the time i log in it, Is there anyone else who has faced the same and had an idea about it???
    Since you have not mentioned your system specification, I just wanted to know that are you aware of the minimum requirement for this game??
    • Windows XP/Vista/7(32bit)
    • Dual Core CPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • 256MB DX9 GPU (Geforce 8xxx or Radeon HD2xxx)
    • 8GB Free HD Space
    • DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    • Broadband internet connection

Yes I am aware of the same and I am having the following:
    • CPU-AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600 Dual core
    • RAM-3.50 GB Single-Channel DDR2
    • Graphics-AMD Radeon HD 6570

I am having the latest drive for the Graphics card as well, I am not able to track out the cause of this issues, is there anything else that I have to check out??

Even I need some help regarding the same, in my case I was getting a video card driver warning on the title screen but then later after updating the driver of the graphics card I was able to get rid of the warning message but then the main menu is still unusable slow. In my case I am running windows 8 developer build and I don’t think that should make any difference as I am not having any such issues in running other games.

I am not very sure but then have you both tried to change the video settings, I mean that there are two black bars on the menu. If you want then you can try out creating a shortcut to the game and after that change the properties of the shortcut by putting windowed at the end of the path of the game, this will probably run the game In the windowed mode, if you have not tried it out then try the same and then post back the result that you get.

I have tried running the game in windowed mode by the method that you have mentioned but then I am getting an error message saying it’s not a valid target path, I don’t think that I have missed anything out here, I just wanted to know that is there something that I have to change the video settings from outside the game??? I have tried changing the settings within the game but then as soon as I am clicking on the settings button the game is just freezing up, I am not having any issues with the resolution and they are appearing fine, I have tried reinstalling the game several time but then the issues is still the same, I am really running out of ideas, is there anything else that I can try out???

I think that you might have changed the path correctly, anyways just try out adding windowed like shown below:
    <the path> -windowed
    If that does not help then you can go in to drive:\Perfect World Entertainment\Blacklight Retribution OB\Blacklight Retribution\Live\FoxGame\Config\PCConsole\Cooked and check out for pconcole-foxengine, there might be 2 file but then you will have to click on the one having .bak attached to the end, when you will click on the same then it open in notepad, so just ignore everything and just scroll down and check out for fullscreen=true. When you find out the same then just replace the true with false and then save the same and close the notepad and run the game again and see if it is making any difference or not.