Thread: Xbox 360 mod for Tropico 4 Modern Times PC

Xbox 360 mod for Tropico 4 Modern Times PC

Hello friends, I was looking for some mod of Xbox 360 which I can add to PC and play this game, I have not got anything for it and really love to use Xbox 360 controller for this one, so does anyone knowing which will be best and also did anyone have done it then do please tell me about so that I can also do it. Thank you.

Re: Xbox 360 mod for Tropico 4 Modern Times PC

I am having mod for Xbox 360, such that it turns on Xbox menus which is also having radial menu, even it has Xbox inputs for XBox360 controllers, and normally it makes game Xbox style. This should not limit your population or change your performance in any other way. As I do not actually own an Xbox controller, and the functionality was largely disabled by Kalypso/Haemimont, this mod, like everything else, is unconfirmed by them and me. Game does not support it, and if you wish for using Xbox inputs, this is probably your best shot. Just download below attachment and place it in folder. You need to place it in Tropico 4's Folder\Packs\boot\persist\
    Attached Files Attached Files

Let me tell you that when you will be doing that then you will be find that folder to hidden, so below is the list of path where you can find and also if you purchased from different vendors then you will be able to get it. Just check from below.
    Retail and Other "Generic" Digital Retail:
    • X64: C:\Program Files\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4\Packs\boot\persist
    • X86: C:\Program Files\Kalypso Media\Tropico 4\Packs\boot\persist

GreenManGaming:
    • X64: C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Tropico 4 - PC\Packs\boot\persist
    • X86: C:\Program Files\CapsuleGames\Tropico 4 - PC\Packs\boot\persist

Steam users:
    • X64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tropico 4\Packs\boot\persist
    • X86: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\tropico 4\Packs\boot\persist

I have already used it and also there are couples of issue with it, such that you cannot change the resolution or any graphics settings. If you wanted to do it then Move/remove the HPK then you do the changes according to you then exit from setting and game put the mod back in place, and start playing it. Even there is no menu key, for which you have to update HPK then try the left shoulder button. If you are using Logitech Dual Action then on it is key 5. Even mouse cursor is showing so for which you need to update HPK. Even there was no quit, which I have managed to work it out, the main menu runs from the PC copy now, removing the weird Xbox stuff from sight.

If anyone who is looking for non-Xbox controller then I would suggest that to get X360CE which is been working very much well with Logitech gamepad. For that, need to download the binary and copy xinput9_1_0.dll and xbox360cemu.ini in the Tropico 4 directory. Which will load these on Windows ones and also it might be working with any HID compliant controller. Then also you are having doubt about it then extract the entire download which is having some text files and another DLL and then run XTestInput.exe. When you will be done with it then it will shows Connected, press some buttons to see how it's mapped.

Let me tell you that entire DLC works on Steam version and also on Digital Retail, which means it should on everything else too. If you purchased game from any of these then it t should be working. There is no need to purchase it on XBox.

Quote Originally Posted by VazV View Post
    If anyone who is looking for non-Xbox controller then I would suggest that to get X360CE which is been working very much well with Logitech gamepad. For that, need to download the binary and copy xinput9_1_0.dll and xbox360cemu.ini in the Tropico 4 directory. Which will load these on Windows ones and also it might be working with any HID compliant controller. Then also you are having doubt about it then extract the entire download which is having some text files and another DLL and then run XTestInput.exe. When you will be done with it then it will shows Connected, press some buttons to see how it's mapped.
    I would like to tell that xinput9_1_0.dll is not linked well it is been dynamically loaded where possible, so you must be having a latest version of Windows installed on to system and also you will be able to use your controller. It gives lot of headache as it is showing different things with 1.03 (Retail) and 1.04 (Steam). When I was doing switching between two regularly then it has made me lose track of who did what to whom, and due to which I have dropped ball. But I was able to make it proper when I have disable code in binary but it also is overload in Lua, but do not matter at all.

I would like to say that I have spent a little time testing and it has been working exactly as it should be. Stability was just proper, loaded/saved games with and without the mod was also just right, and the entire functions work as they are supposed to give button art in game. Graphics settings were affected from when it was in PC mode. I am using Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers along with Wireless Adapter for Windows USB device. So doing testing with wired Logitech F310, which is having PS3, sticks and Xbox buttons on to it and it was not successful, but this was predictable. On the other hand back when I have use it as primary device then it was working very well with X360CE on games that which was not recognizing it as 360 controllers and also it tries to emulate, so I would look ahead to that it should work fine on Tropico 4.

A few minor notes that don't really have a huge impact. First that the mouse cursor is still present on-screen, even if you start the game without a mouse plugged-in. If you try to move it off-screen, the map will scroll (obviously). So it makes sense to just keep it over the panel with the minimap where it is out of the way. And second thing is that Start button on the controller does not work--the only way of accessing the menu (that I could tell) was to use the mouse or hit Escape on the keyboard. I'm not sure if there is another way of saving the game.