Thread: Sound Bug in Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC

Sound Bug in Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC

Hi everybody. I have played this game numerous times and love it. Recently I have had problems with this new DLC that I downloaded named ‘modern time’. Every time I load and play this game it works fine except for the sound in the game is completely gone. This is a great game and I would like to have another play through. But this sound glitch is giving me a hard time. If anyone knows of a solution to this problem I would be grateful. Thank you.

Re: Sound Bug in Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC

I have been experiencing the same problem and have searched all over the internet for the solution but no luck. I think the problem has started because of the recent update that I did for my game installation. I updated it from 1.0 to 1.0.5.I think this update might have caused it and not the DLC as I don’t have the DLC. Please do post if you find a solution to this problem.

Re: Sound Bug in Tropico 4 Modern Times DLC

If your game was on steam you might want to check the integrity of the game’s cache files to see if the voice data has been corrupted possibly.

For troubleshooting a problem you need to start from the absolute basic first like uninstalling and reinstalling the game, updating the Directx files on the PC. Also update your GPU drivers to see if that helps with the problem.