Thread: Is Ridge Racer Unbounded worth playing?

Is Ridge Racer Unbounded worth playing?

I am on a short vacation of a week and thought that I’ll play some game to pass time. While browsing for games that have recently released I came across Ridge Racer Unbounded. I watched its screen-shots and trailers and found this game interesting. I don’t play many video games, so I can’t decide if the game is good enough to play by just watching its trailer. I wanted to ask the hardcore gamers and people who have played this game, if is it lives up to the expectations that it created after watching trailer or should I leave the game to play another one? I prefer racing games as they require least control keys and can be played even in small time periods.

Re: Is Ridge Racer Unbounded worth playing?

Ridge Racer Unbounded is a racing game which emphasizes on destruction that a player can make. Unlike other racing games where you have to defeat opponents using the speed of your car, in this game you have to destroy your opponents. This game is similar to Split Second Velocity which too had same concept but this one is an open world game. The level of destruction is higher than that of Split Second Velocity. I say that this game is nice and will entertain you for whole week.

If you are a casual gamer than you will love this game. You can create your own custom tracks and upload them online and challenge your friends to compete you in that tracks. The game also has multiplayer feature where you can challenge other players from whole world or your friend who plays this game. The graphics of this game are awesome and you will love the environment. Even the gameplay is good. If you love seeing cars getting smashed and breaking into pieces, then you will play this game over and over again.

I found this game very unsatisfying. There are many other games in market that will entertain you more than this game. If you are so keen on playing a racing game, then you can play Burnout Paradise. It too features car smashing gameplay. I found it way better than Ridge Racer Unbounded. It is much easier and realistic than Ridge Racer. In Ridge Racer Unbounded, you can smash walls and support pillars using normal cars. This looks so funny, it seems like the city is made up of cardboard or matchstick. In burnout Paradise you have to take more efforts in smashing a car while in Ridge Racer, you activate the power mode and your car’s mere touch kills the opponent.

I too think that you shouldn’t buy Ridge Racer Unbounded; you will be wasting your time and money over it. The games AI is so hard that you will spend more of your time repeating same races over and over again.

Ridge Racer Unbounded is just a video game and you can’t expect it to be completely realistic. I suggest you to play this game. It is very good and I have a good experience with it. The destruction that is shown in the game is for purpose of fun and entertainment and has nothing to do with reality. If you want to enjoy a game then you have to stop comparing it to reality. As a gamer, I tell you that being a casual gamer, this game is meant for you. No rules, no restrictions and no real life physics. You just have to go on smashing your way through obstacles and opponents.

I recommend you this game only if you will be playing it on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. This game is almost unplayable on PC. So avoid this game if you need to play game on PC.

The PC version of this game has too many problems in it. It won’t work in monitors with resolution other than 16:9. There is no proper support for keyboard; all the controls are shown with reference to Xbox 360 keys. This game requires too much hardware to operate properly on PC. The only good thing about the PC version is that the size of the game in PC is very small. As per my experience, this game is not meant to be played on PC. The graphics are meant to be enjoyed on big display.

PC version of Ridge Racer Unbounded has experienced problem with the online mode with internet connection of many people. Many people who brought this game complained that the game checks online if any new update is available for this game in the beginning. It will show a screen which is trying to connect the game to its online servers. This screen keeps working for a long time and nothing gets downloaded or uploaded. If they try to switch off the internet connection, the game doesn’t start stating that it needs to go over internet. Maybe this won’t happen in your case but many users have experienced it. So I suggest that you get a copy of this game from your friend or someone you know, check if it works fine on your system and then purchase this game for yourself. If it works, then I say that you will surely enjoy this game.