Thread: 2x DLCs on Gamersgate unable to work with Steam on Tropico 4 Modern Times

2x DLCs on Gamersgate unable to work with Steam on Tropico 4 Modern Times

I found this game to be interesting and was making a decision to have a Tropico 4 on Steam. Later I had it. So in these recent days I bought 2 x DLCs on Gamersgate , which I suppose are Plantador along with Quick Dry Cement. In addition, I logged in to Kalypso Launcher along with made some activation of both of the keys. though, there is no effect and nothing appears in the "Your Downloads" section. I don’t have any idea regarding this as what could be the possible reason behind it. When I launch the game on Steam I am also not able to see any alternative so that I am able to activate any of the DLCs? Please suggest . I am running out of ideas.

re: 2x DLCs on Gamersgate unable to work with Steam on Tropico 4 Modern Times

The first reply I need to give you all guys is that steam DLC seems to be incompatible with non-Steam DLC. It's the only division among Steam/Non-Steam Kalypso games with which the Steam makes some handling of the DLC an different means .

According to me this works in an different way as is said by previous post. There's only one means to force it to work between the two versions: one with launching from the exe, and not through Steam. And also in this case , even then, you tend to lose Steam stuff when you will perform that.

I have some m ore information regarding this case and they also removed non-Steam mode from the Steam release, which I think is odd, but I suppose it makes some sense and the reason behind is that the non-Steam launches locked all Steam launches out by virtue of the DLC.