Thread: Battlefield 3 performance on Sony VAIO Z2 laptop

Battlefield 3 performance on Sony VAIO Z2 laptop

Does anyone played Battlefield 3 on the sony Vaio Z2 laptop? I have installed it on my Z2 laptop. There was no problem with the installation but while playing I find it really laggy for some reason. Can anyone tell me what setting I should use to run it smoothly?

Re: Battlefield 3 performance on Sony VAIO Z2 laptop

In my case I am getting about 20fps with 720p Low settings. I think it is quite enough to play the game in this laptop. But I would say don’t buy or install Rage. The Z2 won’t even capable to launch it due to outdated drivers. Sony has done great with PMD so far but with the outdated drivers, it is absolutely maddening.

I have noticed that with universal drivers installed the Battlefield 3 can be playable but with low setting. With 1600x900 resolutions I can get about 30fps. If I set the resolution to 1280x720, I can get 10 fps more or so. But when an explosion happens framerate drops more. The test results show that both cpu and gpu is limiting performance but when I looked into the task manager I have noticed that cpu is not fully loaded. I think that there is a bottleneck but I couldn’t able to find out what it is.

My notebook is tested at a resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels. For the benchmark sequence, I joined to my friends to allow a better comparison with desktop PCs. This is easy to reconstruct our Battlefield 3 game also check on your laptop, we use to test the global video-game quality settings and disable the frame limitation of the vertical synchronization. In a 20-second, graphically sophisticated sequence in the mission, "Operation Sword Breaker" we measure the average FPS on notebook.

The action shooter Battlefield 3 is currently one of the most realistic games of its kind. By Frostbite 2 engine emissions and multiplayer battles are extremely visually enhanced. Along with this are the high demands of notebook hardware. For starters, using average levels of detail must be calculated with an investment of at least 700 Euros. High or Ultra graphics details to be mastered only with the combination of Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and the current GTX series from Nvidia. It should be noted that the appearance of Battlefield 3 may convince even at medium detail settings, and an HD-ready resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.

BF3 for PC because the graphics are cool and attractive on the control and makes it more fun. PC or laptop with Good processor power, RAM and with a good dedicated graphics card capable to play the game smoothly. You might notice lots of FPS difference but it doesn’t mean that the game is completely unplayable. The game recovers quickly depending on the game area.