Thread: Demo version of Ridge Racer Unbounded confirmed for all platforms

Demo version of Ridge Racer Unbounded confirmed for all platforms

Bugbear games which has developed Ridge Racer Unbounded has launched demo version of the game for all platforms. Did anyone play the game? How is it? I watched the trailer and found it interesting, can anyone tell me what’s so good about it. Does it live up to the expectation after watching the trailer?

Re: Demo version of Ridge Racer Unbounded confirmed for all platforms

Yes, the demo version of Ridge Racer Unbounded has been revealed for all platforms. I downloaded it to play on my Xbox360. I played the demo version and it is quite good. It is obvious that the developers won’t reveal everything in the demo version. Maybe when I play the full version I will find some differences in the cars, the tracks or the city. But so far I enjoyed the demo version. The graphics are good the gameplay is good. It is a good game to play in a short time. If you don’t get much time to play games, than you can just play its single race which finishes in around 5 to 8 minutes. So it is good for quick entertainment.

The game must be good when the full version will come out. I played it on my PlayStation 3 and the graphics look totally awesome in the big screen TV. The shine on the car that comes due to lighting looks extremely realistic. The environment too looks great. It feels like you are inside the gaming world. If you want to see the level of detailing, then you can go in the small allies of the city in the free roam and stare at the texture of the walls. It seems like you can feel the roughness of the wall. The game environment is excellently developed.

I liked the effects in the game. The yellow lines of nitrous boost that your car releases look awesome. Also when the speed reaches peak, the blur that you get on the screen looks realistic. The smoke that your car looks like it is real. You can see the realism of smoke when car releases when you drift or step on the brake along with the acceleration pedal pushed in. Also when the car crashes and bursts in flames, the effect too looks good. The breaking of the car into pieces after smashing in the wall is another great effect generated by the developers. You can actually see the pieces of shattered glass of windshield flying in the air.

I liked the function of the game that allows one to build a custom city and a custom track. It is not available in the demo version, but I am waiting or the full version so that I can build my own city and challenge my friends online.

I played the game on PC and I found it bad. The developers have again made a same mistake that many developers have made in past. The key configuration for PC version is bad. The instruction panel shows the keys in Xbox format with A, B, X &Y keys. So you have to manually map the keys on keyboard. It becomes irritating when you have to find the key which was shown in instruction missing on the keyboard and then you have to go in the menu and find the corresponding key. His becomes irritating as you have to stop the game every once in a while to find a key.

The specifications for the game seems very high for the PC. I know that the game has high quality of textures and effects. But still I felt that Burnout Paradise and Split Second Velocity provided same quality of textures and effects in lower hardware requirements.

I found the animation of objects being destroyed funny. It gave me an impression of the environment being made of cardboard or wooden planks. A simple touch of the car would bring the walls crashing. This gave a bit of unrealistic effect in the game. The pillars of a bridge or a tunnel easily crash after you increase speed of the car. In real life, a very strong vehicle like a war tank can only destroy such strong structure. The game features exotic cars breaking walls which are almost impossible if realism is considered.

I didn’t like the game on PC. The environment looks like it is clustered, the lighting doesn’t look well and many other things don’t seem right. I think that the game is actually designed for larger displays. The developers are releasing the game for PC only to increase the range of players.