Thread: Play Star Wars: The Old Republic on Sony Vaio Z2

Play Star Wars: The Old Republic on Sony Vaio Z2

Do you think that it is possible to play Star Wars the Old Republic on the Sony Vaio Z2? Has anyone tried this game? I want FPS info and general playability feedback. I have looked into several forums but never seen a thread about it.

Re: Play Star Wars: The Old Republic on Sony Vaio Z2

Right now I am playing this game on my brand new Sony Vaio Z1. I set the screen resolution to 1600x900 and with low game setting I get about 40fps constant. The system is still running with stock BIOS and drivers without any overclocking. So I think that you should not get any problem playing on the Z2 WITH PMD. However without PMD, I don’t think that Intel peripherals can Handle this game.

In my case I have got between 20 and 30 fps on my Z2 and that is even with PMD, Intel core i7, 4 GB ram, high graphics settings, 1600x900 resolution. The FPS is really depends on the environment.

Since the HD-ready standard on laptops has become established, we tested at a resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels. The beta weekend of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we have chosen a Jedi on the part of the Galactic Republic. In the first quest area on the planet Tython we measure in 40 seconds, the flight of the space between the cab and the retreat of the master Jedi Temple. Despite the lively scenario FPS deviations by active players are very low.

For a graphically appealing entry into the world of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we recommend the affordable HP Pavilion dv6 or Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 . Those interested in detailed battles and wants to play in regard to the possibility of activation of the anti-aliasing features in the final version of the MMORPG, which should take up a full-fledged gaming notebook.

As far as I know that the framerate varies much depending on where you are in the game. The FPS is depends on where you are at the game. If there are more things going on then you will surely notice lower framerate. But in busy areas it averages around 20-30 fps still. I have noticed that the game can go as high as 60 fps and sometimes it can fallback as 6 or 7 fps though. But one thing sure that, this game is certainly playable no matter what settings you use. With good configuration, this game can be playable on Intel onboard Graphics too.

So I play the above game with my laptop which has following configuration:
    • Intel Core i7 1.73 GHz
    • 4GB Ram @ Q740 (3 usable)
    • Windows 7 32 bit A
    • TI Mobility Radeon HD5870 Graphics
    • 500 Gb FestpIatte

I thought that these components should actually be enough to play smoothly ... they are not. I play mostly with 40-60 FPS, but it lags quite often. My brother recently purchased an acer aspire 5755g (15 inch, i5, 4GB ddr3 and gt630m graphics card, 750GB of dd, usb3) for his professional displacements. He paid approximately 480 Euros and with this game he can get 45-50 fps without vertical sync and without AA.

The Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG is not outstanding, however acceptable for an online role-playing game. Good for notebook buyers, because even with a multimedia system for 600 Euros you can enjoy a fluid gameplay. If you want to take advantage of all levels of detail and fully intended to pay also the subject of anti-aliasing (anti-aliasing), then for an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and an Nvidia GTX graphics card must have at least 1,000 Euros will be invested.