Thread: Assassins creed revelations error - 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

angry Assassins creed revelations error - 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

Can anyone help me? everytime i try and start the game, an ubisoft autopatch error will occur and in the technical log will be written

~'Trying to get update information to C:\DOCUME~1\SMARTG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ubi25C.tmp.
    Found update (Patch, all, all).
    Trying to download update file from http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac_revela...ns_1.01_eu.exe. Destination: C:\DOCUME~1\SMARTG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ubi25D.tmp.exe.
    Fatal download error (Connect failed).
    Deleting downloaded data.'~

And then i ignored it and click 'Start game' and another error stating 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

No matter how many time s restart it, the problem still occurs.. i have even tried reinstalling the whole game again...can anyone help me? I really want to play this awesome game!

Re: Assassins creed revelations error - 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

I dont have much idea about this but i found a solution while searching for the same on web. At one site i found a guy saying you should Uninstall Ubisoft Launcher, also delete remnant folders completely. Than again download and reinstall ubisoft game launcher.

You can download the same from here.

l33t Re: Assassins creed revelations error - 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

Yo,

Try this, it worked for me.

1. Go to your "hosts" file (Windows\System32\drivers\etc)
    2. Edit/open it up in notepad
    3. Delete the follwing line :
    <IP address eg.10.0.0.1> static3.cdn.ubi.com
    4. Close and save and try running the game again.

Goodluck

Re: Assassins creed revelations error - 'Failed to start Ubisoft Game Launcher'[Failed to load configuration. Please restart the game.]

@ Masterpuppets

You have to edit your host file.
    If you are using windows 7 or XP you will find it in that exact location i mentioned.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    In the "etc" folder you will find a file called "hosts"
    Right click and edit file, then delete that line of text :
    <Your IP Address eg.10.0.0.1> static3.cdn.ubi.com
    Then save and close the notepad document

And then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienMenace View Post
    @ Masterpuppets

You have to edit your host file.
    If you are using windows 7 or XP you will find it in that exact location i mentioned.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    In the "etc" folder you will find a file called "hosts"
    Right click and edit file, then delete that line of text :
    <Your IP Address eg.10.0.0.1> static3.cdn.ubi.com
    Then save and close the notepad document

And then try again.
    hey alienmenace

i got the same problem as Smartgrader

i did as u said and went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    but i don't have a "hosts" file. i have a "lmhosts" file, but it doesn't contain: IP address eg.10.0.0.1> static3.cdn.ubi.com

i have Windows Vista btw.

got any advice?

@alienmenace

in my etc file, i have files:

lmhosts
    networks
    protocol
    services

in case that helps

@alienmenace

Please disregard my previous post.
    It turns out I do have a hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, but it's hidden or something.
    I tried to copy the hosts file from E: over to C:, and a window popped up informing me that I will have two "hosts" files in C:, but I can't see the one in C:.

any advice?

thx in advance for any help

i tried going to control panel and checking "reveal hidden files". still didn't work.

is there a way to...hmm i dunno the term..."share" a hosts file? if anyone has Vista SP1 home premium?

Quote Originally Posted by etrekas View Post
    nvm, solved my problem!
    Care to share how?