Thread: Cannot start Team Fortress 2 on Mac

Cannot start Team Fortress 2 on Mac

Hello friends, I have downloaded Team Fortress 2 on to public Mac, it is that system when I work and spend most of time of day, like to play games during time of break. One day I starting playing it and it was not able to launch. I was not able to see Half life application icon at dock. Just one thing which happened is that Steam is telling about start game but then also nothing happened. I have also try to validating the game cache files and it has validated but then also nothing happened and I have tired re-installing it. It is possible that it has been messed with the files or the Mac itself so it wouldn't start, as I do not know anything about Mac. Does anyone know how to fix it, so please help me. it will be helpful thank you.

Re: Cannot start Team Fortress 2 on Mac

I would like to tell that most of employers and places that are having "public" computers are having restrictions that which type of programs can be installed and launched. I think that it might be the same case which might be happening with it. So you better check it.

It is same thing which is also happening over here with me, I was trying to playing on Apple Macbook pro, as I have tried it and launch Team Fortress 2 then it telling me validating then after that it is been stuck at 100 % and due to which I am not able to play it. Actually it is happening today as I am in a hotel room so that might be the problem will be going home, will check if I have the same problem when I am at home, so do you know what might be problem and what should I do to make it working. Please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by sat sri akal View Post
    It is same thing which is also happening over here with me, I was trying to playing on Apple Macbook pro, as I have tried it and launch Team Fortress 2 then it telling me validating then after that it is been stuck at 100 % and due to which I am not able to play it. Actually it is happening today as I am in a hotel room so that might be the problem will be going home, will check if I have the same problem when I am at home, so do you know what might be problem and what should I do to make it working. Please tell me.
    I would like to say that it has happen the same thing with me plenty of times. I would suggest that you better wait for some time, and just close the validating window and then you launch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    I would like to tell that most of employers and places that are having "public" computers are having restrictions that which type of programs can be installed and launched. I think that it might be the same case which might be happening with it. So you better check it.
    It might be that but seeing that I am on admin on computer and I really not know that what is reason and why it is keep on happening again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumeetay.Deol View Post
    It might be that but seeing that I am on admin on computer and I really not know that what is reason and why it is keep on happening again and again.
    You could be an admin on the computer, but not an admin on your work's network. It depends on how they have it set up. Do you have a network and IT department or is it just a lone computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    I would like to say that it has happen the same thing with me plenty of times. I would suggest that you better wait for some time, and just close the validating window and then you launch the game.
    Hmm. Just to be sure: You're running at least 10.5.8 on the MBP, right? Also, as Freshdude mentioned, the validation stalling at 100% does happen sometimes. closing that window won't hurt anything.