Thread: How to keep iPhone Steam application running so chat status remains "online"

How to keep iPhone Steam application running so chat status remains "online"

Hello friends, I am love this application and just having one huge problem. The problem is very much simple, it is like that I wanted to be remain online when keep my phone on to sleep mode. When I am trying now then it is been working for 30 seconds then after that it is automatically sign out from chat and chat is been filled with whomever I am talking with, such that it get fill with signed in, signed out. I was trying to find out solution for it, but could not get anything? So does anyone know anything then please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: How to keep iPhone Steam application running so chat status remains "online"

I think that seem to be problem with phone as it is been reducing use of wireless/3G when you are been put it on Sleep mode, whereas I am using LG phone and it completely turn off the wireless when I am not using phone so that the battery is been saved.

Re: How to keep iPhone Steam application running so chat status remains "online"

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    I think that seem to be problem with phone as it is been reducing use of wireless/3G when you are been put it on Sleep mode, whereas I am using LG phone and it completely turn off the wireless when I am not using phone so that the battery is been saved.
    It is not like that, when I using Skype or Google+ or any other chat application then it is been working fine and this problem is been occurring with steam, whereas in other application is showing that I am sign in and available for chat. So it is not at all related to phone.

I fell that it is log me out of chat when I am somewhere else in application and also when I not on any of friends page. I am very much sure that there should be feature or something which we can set a "time to stay online" for after closing as it is been available in other messenger application, let me tell you that I am also having the same problem and find application to very much useless as I cannot be logged in and cannot receive messages from friends. I am finding it to be odd and I am able to set application for notification, but I do not think it appears to be no way the app can notify me of anything. Is there anyone know about that is just for iOS or does it is been include android version.

Quote Originally Posted by sat sri akal View Post
    It is not like that, when I using Skype or Google+ or any other chat application then it is been working fine and this problem is been occurring with steam, whereas in other application is showing that I am sign in and available for chat. So it is not at all related to phone.
    To be sure, applications enjoy Skype and so on. All unequivocally drop you notices when something happens (as in someone attempts to contact you). Without this purpose the entire application is following to useless on iOS however, as you A) could not venture to accept wires without in reality checking out the application and B) discussions get slice off owed to the application resting (wires just get sent to the workstation). Obviously it’s delightful to have the capacity to gain entrance to the Steam store on the run over but to me, the primary offer I'd be searching for from an Application is the conveyance viewpoint.

I still could not accept any contents on the iPhone, even while the application is open and centered on a talk. They'll go in on the PC but not the telephone whatsoever, and going logged off on PC precipitates no improvement. Sending works fine, the most I've ever got was the xxx to demonstrate someone was sorting. Concerning all there was to attempt was erasing the application and snatch it again, didn't do anything.

While the Android version does have the ability to run in the background (thus keeping you online [and draining your battery]), you don't have to keep it running. The program has an "exit" menu item (very bottom item) in it that you can use to stop it.