Thread: Method to fix graphics/setting with patch 2.0 for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

Method to fix graphics/setting with patch 2.0 for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

Hello friends, I am having problem with graphics when I am playing Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai and it has been started when I received patch 2.0, so is there any method to solve this problem then please tell me, as I am not able to play it and also it is really frustrating with it. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Method to fix graphics/setting with patch 2.0 for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

I would suggest that you validate your game cache, just follow the following method for it.
    • Open your Steam Library
    • Then right-click on Shogun 2
    • Click on Properties
    • Select Local Files
    • Check integrity of game cache

When you will be doing this then it might be taking some time and also might be downloading some corrupted files. If you still getting problem with graphic then I would say that try updating your driver and DirectX files, motherboard drivers and also you clean your rig. If you are using your pc for more or you consume tobacco. Dust is sticking like glue on the vents worst case.

Re: Method to fix graphics/setting with patch 2.0 for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

I would have told that but would not start telling that driver updates will solve all problems down the list except that you should track that most of all manufactures brings out graphic driver updates regularly. If you are not able to get then go into you Steam Client, in that Steam and Search for graphic driver updates, which will guide you to site of the graphics driver update pages. If you are using Nvidia card then it does this automatically. For additional update your DirectX-Files, as it been very helpful to keep your dx-files updated. Windows do not update them automatically. Don’t mind it says DX9 there. It includes files for Direct X 10 and 11 if compatible with your Windows. Just click on below link and get latest dxwebsetup for you.
    DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

If you have gone through all the above method then also you are still getting problem then I would suggest that update your motherboard drivers also. If your motherboard chipset is not naming the vendor of your CPU (Intel / AMD) or graphics cards (AMD / Intel / NVIDIA) other than simply the vendor of the north / south bridge chipset of your main board. Then I would say that you run CPU-Z and it will show name and other details of motherboard. You will be able to get drivers from Motherboard official website, so you check and get it and update it.

When you are updating motherboard driver then I would say that check you’re GFX and other coolers for dust and clean them, blow it out from the reverse (exhaust to inhauls), utilize compressed air or make use of a vacuum cleaner cautiously on low power and also be sure rig is turned off.

If you are downloading Direct X then I would like to say that Windows XP does not support Direct X 10 and Direct X 11, so for it latest optional will be Service Pack 3 and Windows Vista is only supports Direct X 10 and Direct X 11, if you are having Service Pack 1 at least, I would say that better install Service Pack 2. Latest recommended for Windows 7 will be Service Pack 1. If you wanted to check properties of your windows then press windows key and pause/Break key and you will windows of System properties.

In fact reported that please check in the event that you are utilizing a higher DPI level for your windows fonts (usually substantial fonts). A large number of provisions still have situations with "cleaving" message or presentation with higher font measuring when not utilizing 96 DPI (win xp) or 100% (win vista / 7). There is so far an unconfirmed bug that Shogun 2 with patch 2.0 is not supporting higher font scales rightly, would be able to not recreate any issues with Windows 7 and substantial fonts. Attempt to reverse / evaluation your overclocking settings (CPU, esp. slam and GPU / GPU smash) if still having issues when that. Wherever conceivable utilize MLAA called morphological ground dwelling ant aliasing (AMD) / called supersamling (NVIDIA), rather than MSAA to get preferable screen value at higher casings for each second.

A lot of threads around graphic problems recommend to IGNORE the automatic downgrade of graphics (refer %appdata%\the creative assembly\shogun 2\logs\gfx.log) and actually replacing the vram amount (refer %appdata%\the creative assembly\shogun 2\scripts\preferences.txt) to SOLVE issues. In my view this might be a wrong way unless your graphic card indeed has a high amount of VRAM starting with 1 GB or above. Otherwise it is smarter to set the graphics down like stated in gfx.log. They did not introduce this system of automatic scaling on vram load therefore you disable it. Think about please. Generally if you play a 2v2 or 3v3 with less than 25 fps please set down your graphics for good of playability for all players.