Thread: Steam client not responding on storelink

Steam client not responding on storelink

In my system steam did not respond after clicking on storelink. When I click on that the entire client freezes and until I end task the process it does not work at all. The same issue appear when I click on the community link on the client. I am not able to understand that only I am facing this issue or there is others also. Steam hangs on any link I click on it, even the profile. Later one when I end it via task manager it does not load back again. I have to reboot my system and then things went fine. Is this any kind of bug that is in the client. Will re-installation can fix the issue. I do not assume so. I had did this a number of time but still the issue appears. Till yet I can only imagine to play games before it freezes and shuts off.

Re: Steam client not responding on storelink

It is right this is really very buggy. The client freezes on community page. In my system if I click that a number of time it just crashes and nothing happens. I am really frustrated with this. Re-installation of client does nothing. This looks some kind of bandwidth issue with steam.

The issue is common. There are not proper patch available for the same that fix the issue. It is recommended that you avoid going on the same until it works fine. Anyhow I has also notice numerous bug in this client and till yet they are not fully resolved. When I connect to a game it works fine to some time. But it freezes at the time of exit only. I had tried to remove and put this back a number of time but nothing gave a good response in working. This is not actually a kind of bandwidth issue. The client itself is very buggy. I think steam must go for a much better upgraded version of steam which can help users to navigate the content on steam as well play games easily. All you can do is stay happy with the online version of steam. That works fine to find what is new on it and move through the community. Try to disable some of your security policies in the system and then check back.

You are not the only who is facing the issue. It appears to everyone. While there is no exact answer why this happen, but I had noticed that mostly on trading steam freezes like anything.

Did you tried reporting steam for the same. There are some parts where we are not able work with steam. The steam vac option can be set responsible for the same. If you have any pirated game in your system, I think because of that also this occurs. You are eligible to access steam via pirated games. You need to buy licensed copy and once your account is authenticated you are done. It works nicely. There are other many issues noted on windows while running steam.