Thread: What will be the reason that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II will fail?

What will be the reason that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II will fail?

Hello friends, many people are saying that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II will be good game, it will fail. So just wanted to know that what will be reason of this game. I really do not think that it will be going to fail, it might be great hit and when people will start playing it then they might know main point of it. Then also please tell me reason of getting fail. Thank you.

Re: What will be the reason that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II will fail?

I would like to say that this game will not be success anyhow, reason for that is been explains in following points.
    • It is not appealing to classic and modern fans similar.
    • It is still having broken physics, and also same level design tropes we love from Dimps.
    • Tails not playable which were been promised.
    • Biggest Fans causing people to hate the game.
    • It is not being released on the Wii.
    • No momentum whatsoever.
    • Spin Dash is gimped.
    • 69 Move is basically a boost.
    • Flying is clunky.
    • Tails is unable to play by himself.
    • Graphics don’t make the game for kid.
    • Running animation is disproportionate.
    • Models are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I would like to say that this game will not be success anyhow, reason for that is been explains in following points.
    • It is not appealing to classic and modern fans similar.
    • It is still having broken physics, and also same level design tropes we love from Dimps.
    • Tails not playable which were been promised.
    • Biggest Fans causing people to hate the game.
    • It is not being released on the Wii.
    • No momentum whatsoever.
    • Spin Dash is gimped.
    • 69 Move is basically a boost.
    • Flying is clunky.
    • Tails is unable to play by himself.
    • Graphics don’t make the game for kid.
    • Running animation is disproportionate.
    • Models are horrible.
    I would like to say that it appeals to me, physics look ok to me and level design is your opinion, they never said he was playable they just said he was back, Wii is almost dead anyway the Wii and you should come out around June, you don’t watch gameplay videos do you? Could you show me? I don’t get why people say that, looks like a spin dash and its very uncontrollable and flying feels great

In my opinion it's seems to me. This is subjective, and nothing you can say as a fact. They're much better than Episode 1, and the level design, while a bit too automated at times, still looks fun when not automated. By technicality, he is playable. However, it' IS only in Co-op, so I can see this being disappointing. I like Sonic more so this does not have an effect on me much if at all. I assume you're referring to Sonic 4's Biggest Fan? And this means? Just because it's not being released on the Wii does not detract whatsoever from the quality of the game. We've already had people who've played the game conclude that momentum is at least vastly improved from Episode 1. Can't say much on this as this has been a common problem in sonic games lately and I haven't watched much footage of Sonic Spin dashing. Could turn out to be, but we'll see.

Not appealing to classic and modern fans alike, which is False? Still broken physics and still the same level design tropes we love from Dimps are also false. Tails not playable as promised, they assure that it will be in the game, and he is. Biggest Fans causing people to hate the game, Sega are not even a 1/1000 part of the fan base. It is not being released on the Wii, so they are not expecting that income. No impetus whatsoever, are you talking about the physics? There is momentum bro. 69 Move is basically a boost it is false. Flying is clunky, did you played the game? Tails is not capable to play by himself, so is Sonic. Not a reason for the game to fail. Graphics don’t make the game, kid, do agree with it, but there are many other awesome stuff in this game. Running animation is disproportionate, really don't think so. Models are horrible that is also not true.

For me it’s very appealing, just not appealing enough, but hey S4E2 is almost out and I’m excited to see what this new "chapter unfolds". If you’re talking about S4E2 how you can be so sure? It seems to me they are a lot more smoothen out, even though I can’t say they are decent until I try, but saying they're broken with just the videos we were shown isn't a possible conclusion. This was indeed very frustrating for me, the budget "cut" was something they should had thought on since the beginning, if they are extending the gameplay they can’t cut what the procedures had, but I’m fine this one time. No one is causing people to hate the game, if someone comes to the forums and listens to what everybody has to say, outsiders will understand why there are people that remain unsatisfied, but that should in no way influence their decisions, they should make their decisions for their own, also if no one stood by and say why the game isn't appealing for them the game wouldn't have grown to what its becoming today.

According to title as people will get so tired of hearing hardcore classic fans complaining about the same things over and over again until the only thing that anyone can connect this game with is a of whining "fans" who can't let go of the past for just five minutes and try to at least enjoy a game. No freaking wonder DIMPS have stopped listening to the fans by now, no matter what they try to do in order to please you, you still spew forth the same complaints over and over again in the same asinine manner, and how is anyone going to get better if you don't offer up anything positive in your complaints besides.

The problem is that episode 1 had A LOT of things to fix/improve that the classics had right. And for episode 2, Dimps has fixed a lot of things, but not all of them (probably not even half of them, if we gather all the missing stuff reported by fans), and people overlook many cool things that have been added, like the combo moves, red rings, etc. I will try to accept this episode as "just a 2D sonic game" and not Sonic 4, but a small pain will always remain about this episodic "true sequel". Hopefully in the future Sega does a better 2D game without messing with nostalgia.