Thread: Improper zone level lock numbers in strategy guide of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

Improper zone level lock numbers in strategy guide of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

I was referring the strategy guide of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel where I was reading the information of zone level locks. I entered a hole in the Glendara area which led to the dungeons. The monsters that were present in the dungeon were of level 23. My character was of level 17 and all the enemies that I encountered were of maximum level of 20. I know the game is programmed to maintain a level difference of 2 to 3 but here I found level difference of 6. I found it difficult to defeat the enemies, so I referred to the strategy guide which showed that zone as level 20 zones. I think there is some mistake, maybe a typing mistake in the strategy guide which kept the dungeon unlocked for low level characters. Did anyone else too encounter such problems in the game?

Re: Improper zone level lock numbers in strategy guide of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

It is a glitch in the game that keeps the dungeon unlocked even for the low level characters. The dungeons in the game are meant for the purpose of giving the player a difficult challenge. Throughout the whole game, the dungeons are designed such that the danger level will be always high for the player. The loot objects in the dungeons are hand placed. So the loot items in dungeon always tend to be rare or unique ones. I too found that dungeon when I was on level 18. The only way to avoid it is by running across the dungeons to the exit point. But since the enemies are too strong, you will need to reload the previous saved game or respawn in nearby area by death.

Re: Improper zone level lock numbers in strategy guide of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

According to me the hole that is mentioned in the question, it is not registered as a dungeon. If it was a dungeon it would been displayed on the minimap as a door icon or dungeon icon. But none of them were displayed. So I suppose that it is just another area to in the way to Glendara. If you noticed the exit point of that dungeon, then it is easily visible as a cave. So I suppose that the developers have put it there with intention of letting player enter it other way round. If you walk the distance where the exit point is, then you will be around level 20 or 21. So the developers wanted players to raise their level and then enter it from other way and exit from the hole.

I don’t think there is anything hidden or any loot in that cave. I think it is just a shortcut to reach Glendara faster. To utilize the time player will reduce if uses shortcut, developers have placed hard level enemies. I entered the dungeon at level 18 and defeated the monsters in it. I searched the whole area and found nothing worth of hiding or keeping secret. It is just a shortcut. To compensate for the loss of level that will occur for avoiding the long way, they have put the hard enemies. I went inside the cave at level 18. After defeating all the hard level enemies, my level went to 20.

The purpose of having the dungeon is just to provide a shortcut or an alternate way to Glendara. My friend who has a level 5 character, I went into the same dungeon by skipping the missions and out running the enemies, the monsters in the cave were of level 10. SO it concludes that it is just an alternate way to Glendara.

Another area whose zone level lock is Delving Hall which is wrongly mentioned in the strategy guide. Whenever I enter the area, the level of enemies is 5 to 6 levels more than the level of my character. I n the strategy guide, the zone level is mentioned as 17 to 35. But according to the game, if I enter that level with character of level 20, then the enemy’s level must be maximum of 21 or 22, but I always encounter enemies of level 26 or 27. I died there many times. The least level of enemies that I have encountered in that area is that of 25.

I know this problem of Delving Hall, if you enter it while in free roam, then you are bound to encounter this problem. You get a mission when you are at level 22 or might be 23. This mission is given by NPC and requires one to go in the Delving Hall. In this mission the enemy’s level is maintained with a difference of 2 or 3 levels. The strategy guide is made with assumption that the player will not be on free roam. If the developers published the strategy guide based on free roam, then it will become extremely large in size. In free roam, there are many chances of multiple possibilities. So, characters in same area might behave differently when you reach there in free roam and in missions.

Same kind of level difference I noticed in Fallen Hall, the strategy guide suggests it to be of level range of 7 to 17, but when I entered it at level 13, the enemies inside were of level 19.