Thread: Finishing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

Finishing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

I am currently playing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel and has reached till mission named ‘Bad Blood’. Just out of curiosity, I wanted to know how many missions are there in the game. Can someone tell me how many secrets and items are available in the game? Also how much time did it take to complete the game?

Re: Finishing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

When I completed the game, the total time taken in the stats was shown as 208 hours. Actually the time has increased so much because I spent many hours exploring the environment. I talked to every other NPC and spent time reading, their each and every dialogue. The large amount of time that I needed was because I read all the notes and books that came in my way. I cleared every area I entered, also cleared the dungeons which I entered. I searched and found almost every loot and enemies. If one ignores the books, notes and doesn’t clear the areas or finds each and every loot, then the estimated time to complete the game will be between 150 to 180 hours.

I completed the game with all skills upgraded to maximum. You can upgrade the skills to its fullest extent except for any one. The skill tree is set with offset of -1, that is the trainers and skill books available for upgrading the skills are limited such that only one upgrade of some skill won’t be possible to upgrade. To complete the skill tree completely, you will need to have persuasion skill. You can also be of Tribrid class or get bonuses from unique gears. Ability points can be stacked on basis of bonuses you get. You can stack Twist of Fate bonuses with Necklaces and Rings. Similarly Epic Gems can be stacked with Armor.

Total number of missions in this game is 224. Out of these 224 missions 10 missions cannot be completed according to the requirement of the story. Also there are 2 missions which are bonus; you need to choose the dialogues while interacting with the characters properly. So, two missions are such that they are luckily found. I don’t know how, because I and my friends started playing together and his stat shows that he has completed 2 missions more than me. So I suppose that the missions must be based on selection of dialogues. Except these 214 missions there are more 18 missions near the House of Valor area where they are mentioned on notice board. They can’t be called mission as they can be played repeatedly.

I completed Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel and found every chest in the game except one. It lies between Drowned Forest and Caeled Coast at the Fog of War blackened area. I don’t know if it is a bug or it requires some skill or ability that I didn’t have. But with all possible abilities I couldn’t reach it. Maybe there is a super hidden way or passage that must be taking us there which I am unable to find.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed it; Seawatch has an Ansilla family lock box which you can loot. After you loot it and come back after completing a mission or two, the content of loot box appears again. It also happens if you upgrade the keep with a servant. To find it, you’ll need to do it after you complete Ansilla’s key removal mission. If done prior to it, this will not happen. I repeatedly looted the Ansilla’s family lock box and I had four Royal Seal of Ansilla stuck in my inventory. Many times you will see that a passage on map that seems to be long but in game, it is cut short by a wall. It is just a trick to have player waste time in finding way to get past the walls. Actually there is nothing behind the wall.

Castle Gastyr has two doors which has no key to unlock. You can’t use any magic or weapon to break them open. At least one of the two doors has a secret chest or secret loot hidden behind it. Observing the complexity by which it is unlocked I don’t think that it is easy to open. I found six pressure plates in front of them and I think that some combination of it will unlock at least one door. Also there is a locked cell in Convict's Cavern which has a loot able corpse in it but the door cannot be opened. The developers have set this intentionally.

I suggest you that, don’t go on free roam. If ever you are going on free roam don’t go too far from the mission area. I did it many times and I found some items that were not needed in the missions I was playing. So my inventory was stuck with some useless items. I dropped them and further in the mission some of the objects I threw were needed. That’s why I recommend you to avoid free play and keeping your inventory filled only with useful items.

I suggest you to avoid the crafted gear. Use the crafting points to increase the skill tree of your character. What I want to explain is, suppose you craft an armor or weapon, then after some missions, you find weapon of same category with high level attributes then you will have to throw or sell the item to accommodate the advanced version of it.