Thread: Team Fortress 2: Mac OS X or Windows

Team Fortress 2: Mac OS X or Windows

I am looking forward to install Team Fortress 2 on my Macbook pro 13”. But there is a doubt about the game. I don’t know whether this game runs smoothly on OS X or not. Currently I have configured a Bootcamp and I can install Windows 7 whenever needed. But I prefer to keep everything on OS X. So what do you say? In which I should install this game?

Re: Team Fortress 2: Mac OS X or Windows

Valve apparently has discovered that the Mac platform can be an important market for their games. This is due to the slight increase in market share for years of OSX (not just in America but also in Europe) and which is likely far right selection of games on the Mac.

Valve has the Mac version of the 3D shooter Team Fortress 2 and makes them available via Steam. As always, must go together as a team player, for example, to capture flags or defend own territory. However, as suggested by many, the Apple hardware and its drivers may have difficulty getting in contact with the performance achievable on pc. If Apple will not change policy on its products, the best computer for video game systems will remain the one with Microsoft.

Team Fortress 2 would be more successful as a product for free. It is expected that users can purchase extras like weapons through a micropayment system within the game, but have made clear they will not benefit users pay as they can get weapons and extras in the game the traditional way. Games are highly vendor locked in, or it sits on a console (where you can tweak practically nothing) or it uses Direct3D (not platform independent), Windows itself is not a really good choice for games but all vendor lock-ins and pockets with money that has become the primary gaming market.