Thread: Not happy with the font size in Total War: Shogun 2

Not happy with the font size in Total War: Shogun 2

Hello friends, as player who playing it on LCD television, well I was able to read all text of each and every game which I have played till now and beside Total War series. I have seen that most of user have complained about the horrid font size in the Empire series and there is no fix till now deliver. Well I have also heard that mod community has been forced to pick it up and Total War developer have left it off. I have purchased two copies of this game and I am not able to read any test of this game. Does wanted to know how many of you are facing this same problem and what you people have to say. Thank you.

Re: Not happy with the font size in Total War: Shogun 2

I really like the UI/fonts as they are now, however I am also alert that others don't like them that small. I'm a minimal interface kind of a guy, so the smaller and neater the UI the better for me - I really like it as is now and would in my opinion be let down if the fonts and general UI was enlarged. That said though, a number of elements are small for sure and also it's not the first time this topic has come up. Maybe an option in the settings for a larger UI/bigger font would keep us all happy.

Some players just do not like User Interface and fonts you have to put pressure on eyes to read. Some of the icons on the Campaign map you can't even tell what the picture is on it. Why not basically have the options to increase/decrease the size of the UI/Fonts? That way everyone can customize the game to what they want?

The font is not just very little to read. Much more terrible is that it gets blurry for broad screen resolutions like mine: 1366x768. Don’t unequivocally smudge evenly, that is, within a saying, some letters are more extensive and some more limited, it additionally smears vertically amidst offbeat lines, particularly observable in the event that you check out diverse lines of words. Some lines of words are bigger/taller than others. With the old TW game I utilized an outside LCD screen with 1280x1024 to bypass this situation. Anyway my plan of getting a laptop was that I could play on that machine without a screen.

I am actually not happy that this situation still holds on! In familiar years I haven’t contacted any situations with playing these widescreen resolutions any more. Others appear to regard and operate. I don’t have stacks of time such as again in my school days. I think instead of bumbling around with mods id rather basically put it distant. I took a step back actually to express my disappointment about how the situation is once again being taken care of. I have slithered through the posts concerning this matter. Ordinarily I wouldn’t forethought but I thought I must to support each one of those here that have the same situation but are give or take being ignored.

I would like to say one thing that it is not at all surprising for me. I was having trouble reading text on every Total War from Empire to Shogun 2, which I think a shame as it is very much obvious so much hard work went into crafting the text of the game.

Purchased Shogun 2 final year, quit playing virtually promptly when the exercise due to the revolting message scaling/font size/whatever. Actually re-instituted this week, and it’s still an issue, so in a year, still you at CA have done nothing and it is quite unimaginable. This is an issue with each familiar TW game doing reversal years. I think someone found out it was identified with screen determination degree, and 5:4 being the just determination with semi-working font scaling. Guess what, 1280x1024 is an outdated screen resolution. Much similar to the historical content of your games it has come to be a thing of a past. Widescreen is really bad.

I refuse to believe that the CA offices are all stacked with 5:4 monitors in a single resolution, I bet all your graphic designers use multiple widescreen monitors, and presumably they all play the game too.