Thread: Crossfire profile for Diablo 3 Beta

Crossfire profile for Diablo 3 Beta

The nVidia had already released its new Driver 285.38. Now this updated driver includes a support of SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third. By looking at this news it is confirmed that nvidia managed to release a SLI profile for Diablo III. So now there is no problem with nivdia range graphics card. The game is fully enjoyable. But what about the AMD now? I tried the newest driver but they don’t do very well with this game. When it will release crossfire support for these games or mainly for Diabl III. I am looking forward to buy 780gtx.

Re: Crossfire profile for Diablo 3 Beta

This is what I have been asking from the beginning ever since the game has out. I would like to play the game on 1900 resolution, Full HD and the whole thing set to High. I would like to see constant60 fps. However this is just a beta but I hope that in a full version I will have a support for both SLI and crossfire.

I assume that without the support of SLI and Crossfire, you might be seeing a micro stuttering in Diablo 3. This might happen when the dual GPU setup does not work for the game. The problem is Diablo 3 is not optimized for SLI/Crossfire. I don’t have any idea and any workaround for this except turning off crossfire and looking for a better driver optimization in the future. The HD 5850 should also do it but still. It's almost as fast as a HD 6950 on the clock. Diablo 3 will not take more than an HD 5850 and BF 3 should be playable on high especially as the game scales very well indeed with AMD cards.

I have only one thing to tell you that you should wait for the final game to be released. At that time I hope that you will have new graphic drivers and also a BIOS upgrade. The other way to do is to just disable the crossfire or sli while playing this game and enable for other games only.

I have been playing the Diablo 3 Beta on my AMD Radeon HD 6950 on Eyefinity capping 60FPS (vSync) at all times and that is even with maximum settings. Sometimes I ran it over 100 FPS at all times on my single 1920x1080 display. But there was too much screen tearing and for that reason I always needed VSync for the game to be playable. The AMD and Nvidia should bring a finest driver update for this game otherwise the final release of the game will be postponed.