Thread: What could be the minimum space requirement for Diablo III?

What could be the minimum space requirement for Diablo III?

Hey I have already got the annual pass, very much excited with the Diablo III release. Heard that it’s a huge game and going to be very much impressive, recently my friend have downloaded the Diablo III installer in his PC and according to him the installer was something around 7 MB which is obviously quite huge. But don’t know why, I am unable to believe him.

But if the installer is so big I imagine how giant this complete game would be. Is there anyone who has any information regarding the size of this game or something related to it.

Re: What could be the minimum space requirement for Diablo III?

Hey I have already got the annual pass, very much excited with the Diablo III release. Heard that it’s a huge game and going to be very much impressive, recently my friend have downloaded the Diablo III installer in his PC and according to him the installer was something around 7 MB which is obviously quite huge. But don’t know why, I am unable to believe him.
    I am not sure with the size of the game but you are right with the installer, The Diablo installer does come with the size of 7 MB and you can also get it easily on web. If you need it, you can google it.

Even I do want to know certain thing with respect to this game. Some people say that the game is some 10 GB after full unpack with the installer where as some says that it 7.6 GB.

People do come up with certain size but the actually storage space required for this game has not yet been disclosed I guess. Most of the people don’t know about the size of the actual install + cache files, but as according to my news heard that the installer is of 7.6 GB.
    I do personally feel that obviously size never matters once if you have installed the game, especially when you really like it. Obviously we wont be reveled with the definite size of the game until its official release May 15th.

Why don’t to directly know the complete computer specifications necessary for Diablo III to get properly installed, if you own a windows system then the required specifications would be as follows:
    • OS- Windows XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
    • Processor- Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    • Graphic Card- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
    • RAM- 1 GB RAM if windows XP, 1.5 GB if Vista or windows 7
    • 12 GB available HD space
    • DVD-ROM
    • 1024x768 minimum resolution

I am very much sure that the size would be approximately 7.6 GB where as the extracted game would surely utilizing twice the space of the installer size available but I guess it won’t necessarily take up much space. There are certain possibilities that the game will take more space if it is compressed very well and if there are more content to be downloaded on the release. Also I guess there will be something that would be some MB in order to be downloaded at the time of the game release to enable the game to launch or install.
    It would be more helpful once if I get the system requirement for this game if we own a MAC machine.

It would be more helpful once if I get the system requirement for this game if we own a MAC machine.
    If you own a MAC system then the required system specifications for this game would be as follows:
    • OS - Mac OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x
    • Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo
    • Graphic Card- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600
    • Ram- 2 GB RAM
    • 12 GB available HD space
    • DVD-ROM
    • 1024x768 minimum resolutions

I do agree with the system requirement for this game but if you check in details you would find certain necessary recommended system requirement for in both windows and Mac system, those necessary Recommended System specifications are:
    Windows:-
    • OS - Windows Vista/7 (latest service packs)
    • Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
    • RAM-2 GB RAM
    • Graphic Card- NVIDIA GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4870

Mac system:-
    • OS - Mac OS X 10.7.x
    • Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo
    • RAM - 2 GB RAM
    • Graphic Card- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M or ATI Radeon HD 4670