Thread: Does crossfire work with GTA IV?

Does crossfire work with GTA IV?

Hello friends, I am fan of the GTA game. I am posting here to know that if the crossfire works with GTA IV. If you have some idea about this the please post that here. I was searching for this on google but not got explanation about this. Please let me know regarding it.

Re: Does crossfire work with GTA IV?

In my case, it is working with the crossfire/trifire setup that I have setup. I found that all the 3 gpus' showing about 50 % load in the GPU-Z.

I found that the GTA IV is less impressive as compared to its predecessor. We have to discover much for the action-cracker, other than this, we can see that all the small games are designed with much more detailed. The fourth version of Grand Theft Auto series is also the first for the console of the third generation and can come up with a lot of graphical effects: large landscapes in conjunction with high visibility, highly detailed environments, character animations, a sophisticated physics engine and some good textures.

Ok I brought it. I am getting pretty good performance. But I was expecting with my 4.2GHz i7 965 to be able to run the game at max settings. The game did run very well, but as soon as I turn a corner in a car, or look around with the right analogue stick (suing 360 controller) the game slows down to even load up what it behind the character.

I would like to tell you that, typically for a 32-bit application. GTA 4 can only address up to 2GB, with a trick (LAA flag to not recommend that may result in a multiplayer ban) can be addressed under x64 systems for 32-bit applications 4GB. With 64 applications, it is not necessary, since in general the full 4 GB can be addressed. But in multiplayer games is not recommended because it may very likely be a ban. For GTA 4 you need but not necessarily CF. I can play smoothly with 1GB VRAM for maximum details including all controls to max + + Snowmod Car Mod GTA though matrimonial needs 4 1.6 GB of VRAM. So with a card you should have no problems.

The HD6990 has two GPUs but the Crossfire is regulated by an internal chip. For the PC there are indeed two GPUs but the load is distributed on the graphics card itself. But there are exceptions. And GTA IV is really with bad programming; both on the consoles as well as on the PC there are many shortcomings.