Thread: Flashing/flickering UI and missing UI elements in Total War: Shogun 2

Flashing/flickering UI and missing UI elements in Total War: Shogun 2

I have applied patch in the Total War: Shogun 2 game and after doing that it has started giving me some annoying problems. Now when I start game at that time only floating text appears in battle statistics which we get after battles. I am also facing flickering issues with this game. Help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Flashing/flickering UI and missing UI elements in Total War: Shogun 2

You have not mentioned anything about your computer specification that is why I will suggest you to post details about your computer specification. You have to also try to solve this problem by trying different graphic setting in the Total War: Shogun 2 game.

After trying different graphic setting also problem still occurs. i am not facing any problem with any other game. My computer specification is

• Windows 7 operating system
    • 2 X ATI Radeon HD 6950 graphic card
    • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard
    • 500 GB HDD
    • 4GB RAM

Here is the solution which worked for me. In my case same problem was started after applying the patch and after that I have reset the graphical preferences of the game and then my problem gets solved. I am not sure whether it will be helpful for you or not but you can try this solution.

If you don’t know about how to reset the graphical preference of the Total War: Shogun 2 then you have to follow this steps. Open my computer and then you have to open C drive and then open your username folder after going in to the user’s folder. Now after that you have to open appdata folder and then go to The Creative Assembly folder and then open Shogun2 folder. After opening that you will get preference file in scriptsin folder. Delete that file. After deleting that file you have to open Total War: Shogun 2 file and then your problem will get solved. You have to also make sure that you have latest graphic driver in your computer

As you have mentioned that I have to delete graphic preference file and after looking at that I have deleted graphic preference file but after doing that also I get same problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the graphic card drivers with no luck. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

I was looking for the solution internet regarding this problem and I have come to know that all the users who have using Catalyst 11.9 or 11.8 having this issue. In my computer I was using Catalyst 11.8 and after reading this I have revert it back to 11.6 and then when I start playing Total War: Shogun 2 game at that time I didn’t get any problem. if you have catalyst version 11.8 or 11.9 then revert it back to the 11.6 and then you have to see whether it makes nay difference for you or not?

In my computer I have ATI graphic card and I am experiencing flickering issue after applying patch in the Total War: Shogun 2 game. I have tried all the graphic setting but problem does not get solved. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers and updating the drivers. How to get of this problem?

Thank you in advance.

I will suggest you to first take the backup of save files of the Total War: Shogun 2 game and after doing that you have to uninstall game completely from your PC and then reinstall game and apply patch and then you have to see what the result is.