Thread: Steam overlay wont work on Minecraft

Steam overlay wont work on Minecraft

In my computer I have Windows 7 x64 operating system and I am facing annoying problem with steam. I have notice that my friends are able to play Minecraft game with overlay option but in my computer overlay won’t does on Minecraft. How to fix it?

Re: Steam overlay wont work on Minecraft

I will suggest you to first check whether “Enable Steam Community” option (which use to enable overlay in all games) is selected in the steam or not? If this option is not selected then select it first and after selecting that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not?

If you want to Enable Steam Community option in steam then you have to follow this steps.

• First open steam
    • Go to the setting.
    • Select in-game
    • Check “Enable Steam Community” option

After doing this steps you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

Similar thing happening with me also. I have discovered a solution or the main cause of the problem. If you minecraft game in your PC is patched with a texture patcher or you have installed a mod that changes the game in any way i think that steam doesn’t understand the actually game is running or not. I am not sure whether it is right or not. I will suggest you to re-download minecraft and clear the hidden files from your computer. But make sure you take backup of save files.

Yes same thing happen with too. After spending so many time on internet for solution I have come to know this problem can takes place due to patch and that is why I have take backup of the save files and reinstalled game again. Now after that my problem gets solved. I think you should also try this solution.

I have selected the Enable Steam Community option from the in game setting in the steam but after trying that also I get same problem. now after that I have also tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the game but that does not make any difference. Is there any other way to solve his problem then let me know? Any help will be appreciated

This problem occurs because incompatibility of Steam overlay with 64-bit java. To solve this problem you Uninstall 64-bit java and leaving 32-bit version of java installed on your computer, Now system will forced to use java 32 bit. After doing this you have to check same problem is occurring with steam overlay or not. According to me by trying this solution you will be able to play Minecraft game with steam overlay. After trying this solution also if you get same problem then let me know.

It creates more problems if you run 32 bit java on system with x64 operating system. in my case when I tried minecraft game with 32 bit java at that time performance of minecraft game lacking drastically. Even many I get error saying game running out of memory.

I have uninstalled the java 64bit from my computer and after that also problem does not get solved and game stated crashing randomly in my pc. Now after that I have installed java 64bit again then my both problem get solved. now I am not having any issues.