Thread: unable to move the Campaign camera in Total War: Shogun 2

unable to move the Campaign camera in Total War: Shogun 2

First of all watching this game on youtube, I was not able to recognize its game plans. But after I was able to understand the topic well , I made a decision to purchase the game and then I am with some issues in the campaign with the camera. on the whole I am not able to move the camera about by making use of the w a s d keys along with I am at present having to click on the map with the mouse to move around my map.Aside from the apparent checking if my keyboard is well working and making some checking of the controls to see if I have changed something . can someone suggest regarding this one. Please help us.

Re: unable to move the Campaign camera in Total War: Shogun 2

Hey guys, I was also having similar issue as you were concerning regarding the Campaign camera and I need to tell you that make some attempts for a new campaign and camera control will be all fine. Also tried loading up other campaigns and its fine also. I need to tell you that the camera appears to be broken on my present campaign .

I have some solutions in your case which you need to try with.
    0) you need to make a copy of your save or don't .
    1) you need to download the Empire Savegame Editor as well as open the problematic save file with it.
    2) in addition with this one, you need to go to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME and then in the CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER within the tree. And you will be with some zero in the right list, nothing else. And you need to change it to 1.
    3) and then have a save of them and play.
    4) Camera might tend to be anywhere in the campaign view, but since you are able to scroll again.

According to me, I have checked, the zero is there in any save, and also even working . So this, I don’t think is an faulty setting , but making some changes, it will tend to appear to trigger some kind of reset.

I was recently playing this game with my friend and I found this game to be really interesting and bought Shogun 2. It's an wonderful game, much improved than Empire. particularly I am enjoying playing coop campaign by means of a buddy. And there it occured, after reloading from a earlier save game, I was not able to scroll any longer. I have continued by making use of only clicks on the minimap until our game got desync along with neither one of us my friend and I could finish the round . at present we made a start by comparing and experimenting on the save game files. And then sending him my save file, we were able to continue with the campaign. But at this time both of us had the scroll bug. That's since the cause is in the save itself.and after making some research it was solved.

I was also having similar issue and it just occurred to me there too. And after hitting next turn, reloading and restarting the game was not able to assist but loading an previous save game where the bug wasn't there fixed it and there is no issue up till now and you can also try with this one.

I consider this is the most game-breaking bug in the game, I consider this issue has occurred before me on legendary.This is absolutely a bug as well as there are lots of other posts in this incredibly forum and in others concerning it. I consider this bug has been in the game since the release date. Can anybody please have some fix of this bug or else forward its existence to the devs? I need a quick reply as I am wishing to play this game without any errors.

I'm at present in a campaign coop, but it's pretty much a corrupted save file in so far as I am able to tell/read on other postings. This just hit me the other day and I considered my keyboard was messed up in the beginning. unluckily the lone "fix" is to reload a previous save. at present I can make out of Legendary you can't, so depending on how far out you are, there doesn't appear to be an definite fix to this and you might just be unfortunate. But if you're not Legendary, attempt along with reload an earlier save. we reloaded along with my WASD controls were back.

camera is not able to be moved, must be fixed, campaign is destroyed. many hours. It's a initial. I have played with only legendary till now. I made all attempts in everything counting rebooting computer. Are you having any solution.

I as well have this issue in my legendary game. because there is one save, I as well not able to revert to a earlier state. I have made some attempts for several things to correct this issue, such as ending the turn, and then reloading, rebooting as well as resetting all my preferences. And it was al sorted out after deleting all my preferences, etc. so hope this one helps.