Thread: Alarming things in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that need to be patched

Alarming things in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that need to be patched

I just started playing the game and I found some things in the game really improper. The game doesn’t have any option to switch the hand in which the gun is to be held. This becomes irritating when killing the enemies from corner of a wall. I mean to say that if the character is right handed, then while attacking an enemy from behind the cover, like wall, then one will need to stick behind the left sided wall only. I think that this should be patched and function for switching the hand should be provided. Doesn’t any other Resident Evil player think so?

Re: Alarming things in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that need to be patched

I to think that the hand switching tactic should be provided; it will be an added function. Developers should have developed a system where the player can equip himself/herself in both the hands. This will make the zombie shooting more fun. Pistol in one hand for enemies at short distance and SMG in another hand for attacking enemies at long distance. I find the no crouching thing worse than the gun switching thing. I mean this is an action game; every action game has function to crouch for better accuracy and fighting tactics. Developers should have provided crouching option for the player.

Re: Alarming things in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City that need to be patched

The no crouching system is also present in Uncharted series. I don’t think it makes any difference in this game. In this game, all you need to do is survive and fight. To survive you need to continuously move around. If you are crouching in one place then you are compromising your ability to keep look out behind you. Also the zombies are very quick in movement. They will attack you even if you crouch. This game doesn’t need any tactics like in Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell. Also there are many times when one needs to run rather than attacking, so if crouching ability would have been provided. Play4ers would have used it resulting in reduction of speed.

I found the automatic cover system bad and developers need to provide patch to disable it. The automatic cover system is irritating. For Example, I am running across some area, when a small wall comes in my way. I want to run from across its side but my character sticks to it. Developers should provide ability to decide when to take cover and when not. Many times I am attacking an zombie while walking and then suddenly a car comes in between. At that point my character suddenly takes cover. This gives a great opportunity to my enemies to come near me.

The developers have tried experimenting with the gameplay. But the experiment seems to have failed. The game requires being continuously on run, so providing a crouch option is not going to work. But an automatic covering ability is given which reduces speed and flow more than crouch. I think that developers need to rethink the development they want to make in the game.

One thing I found annoying about the game is that the abilities of our teammates seem to be infinite or more powerful than one I use. It seems like there is no cool down to their ability. For example, when I play as Vector, I can remain invisible for 10 to 20 seconds and the cool down time is 45 seconds. But, when my teammate is playing as Vector controlled by AI, then it seems like there is no cool down time for their powers. He becomes invisible after every 15 seconds. Also the 4 eyes, hits an enemy like he is full powered up. But after killing one enemy he never attacks any other enemy. Bertha heals me whenever required, but when she gets attacked, she never heals herself.

One thing that really spoils the game is the spawning of enemies. At many instances I have noticed enemies spawning out of thin air.

The direction pointer is so irritating in this game. I mean the developers have made such a good graphics for the game so I want to explore a bit. I want to look around for hidden objects, ammo or health refreshing items. But the objective marker keeps prompting me to follow the specified directions. It seems like the game is forcing me to stay away from some part. Also the sounds are inconsistent. The music is fine. The volume and tone are right for the game. But other voices like gun shots and zombie sounds are very weak.

One irritating thing I found about the fighting style is that the melee attacks seem more powerful than the guns and other weapons. One can hold the melee weapon and continuously keep hitting the attack button. With this one can clear a whole horde of zombies. All one needs to do is run in single direction with rapid pressing of attack button.