Thread: Steam crashing on Team Fortress 2 Launching on MacBook Pro

Steam crashing on Team Fortress 2 Launching on MacBook Pro

this is really very frustrating , I am tiring to play the Team Fortress 2 game on my MacBook Pro but as soon as I start the game it crashes the Steam . the game is not at all working on the wit the mac os x. when I launch the Team Fortress 2 this showed the regular valve logo loaded and so on but when the game reach the loading screen it get stuck there half way loading . after that I have to look the spaces to find out that Steam crashed and HL2_OSX was still running. It been a long since I am having this issue . the value support for the Mac users very much disappoint me. Is there anyone else having the same issue on their game or anyone can help me on this issue

Re: Steam crashing on Team Fortress 2 Launching on MacBook Pro

Well even I have noticed the same thing on my pc that Team Fortress 2 crashes at the time the value logo animation shows up in the squared small screen on black background. As that appeared on the full screen, the game was running okay although since the recent update I am having this problem . I just played this game only once .

Well I am also having the same issue as soon as I update the Team Fortress 2 on my mac pc it crashed steam and the worst part is that now it is not even letting the steam to start can anyone here help me out of this I will be really appreciating this thanks in advance . I guess there is an issue in the recent update

I was also having the same issue and this is what I find see if this help
    I have somehow fix this startup issue With my Team Fortress 2, . Here's what you've got to do:

1. If Steam is open, shut it fully (quit the app/process)
    2. Restart Steam.
    3. Go to "Library" at the highest.
    4. It must show games on the left sidebar. Right-Click the game from the sidebar and click on properties.
    5. If you've got the –no vid startup option there, remove it . If you do not, simply ignore this step.
    6. Go to the "Local Files" tab within the Properties window .
    7. Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". this will take to some time , thus do not worry if the progress bar stops moving close to end. It's still going, and pressing cancel would possibly mess one thing up...
    8. Once game files are verified, click the option under it within the Properties window known as "Defragment Cache Files". this may as well take to a little time . Again, do not press cancel or something if it's find it freezes.
    9. Once that is done, restart Steam.
    10. Start the game normally, however let the intro video play absolutely.

This should work, because it did for me. Something tells me this was cause by the silent Steam shopper update I got last night. See if any of this helps, or if there is still a problem!

I got the previous steam to load up, and TF2 started up fine, however I couldn't be a part of servers, as a result of TF2 complained — one thing regarding "activating beta mode." As soon as I checked for and put in updates, it had been simply constant as before. Steam hundreds, then TF2 launches, then Steam crashes, then TF2 crashes. The Steam update broke it.

The good thing is, I like the occasional bug-hunt virtually the maximum amount as I like TF2. thus my time wasn't fully wasted. Will bring additional data if I will find any it, and i will report on the results of verification and defragmentation.

Try deleting everything except Steam.exe,SteamApps(folder) and your ClientRegistry.blob.

Then run steam.exe once more and it must to update.

Steam is crashing all the time for me since the update yesterday, however after I did get it functioning , i attempted launching TF2. i used to be able to get to the most menu screen while not a tangle however after I started a bot match i have disconnection for two minutes. this is odd as it is offline bot match, I essentially cannot play TF2 for over two minutes while not magically obtaining disconnected from a session that may not connected to the net. Weird stuff, and extremely annoying. I feel that beta testing for steam updates on mac are rather not being done or not done well enough. The Mac community should not have to deal these problems.

Well I suggest to try this see if that help
    1. Launch steam
    2. Go to the Steam then Preferences after that Interface then Favorite Window = Library
    3. Restart steam when applying that preference.
    4. Stat the TF2

See if this help

Same issue here, launch game, steam crashes, game freezes. Furthest my games have managed in launching within the last two days was the Source logo. This is the awful update. I've tried removing everything except the SteamApps file, reinstalling, restart, repair disk permission, repair disk, tried to revert to previous version of Steam . i am unable to even open up Library below "Game Details" as Steam simply shutting off . miserable issue this, all was perfect before the Skyrim update

Guys, I simply tried one thing and it worked I hope it works for you still.Start the Steam then go to the preferences and disable the following:

• Automatically signg into friends after launch Steam
    • Enable Steam Community in-game
    • Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for game that support it

Restart Steam

Has there been a official announcement regarding this issue -and a potential fix- yet? Since quite some folks are having troubles with this, apparently. Has anyone officially sent a support price ticket to Steam? The steam isn't crashing on source games only . It crashes after I attempt to play Spiral Knights still. Updates does not appear to be tested for Mac. i'm filling a report straight away.