Thread: Unable to open Team Fortress 2 says ” Steam is offline steam needs to be online to update”

Unable to open Team Fortress 2 says ” Steam is offline steam needs to be online to update”

can someone help me on this issue I am unable to launch the Team Fortress 2, I tried it may time and each time it just don’t open, it give the massage that says steam is offline steam needs to be online to update. Did everything but I m a not successful yet . is there anyone here who have the same issue or have the solution can help me out of tis I will be really appreciating this afford

Re: Unable to open Team Fortress 2 says ” Steam is offline steam needs to be online to update”

This look odd anyways just give this a try and see if it help
    1. Go to the my computer
    2. Then to the drive where the steam is installed (most likely to the C drive )
    3. Go to the program files
    4. Locate the file name ClientRegistry.blob
    5. Now delete that file
    6. Start the steam and see if that help

If this not helping then I would like to suggest you to contact the steam support may be they could help you on this

Re: Unable to open Team Fortress 2 says ” Steam is offline steam needs to be online to update”

Well I have the same issue don’t know why this occur but I am not able to solve this problem . I have even deleted the client reg BLOB ti and start the fresh one but that even not helping its just saying “ steam can't go into offline mode because there are no accounts logged in”. it s just unable to open at all when I click it, just shows the hourglass, and no response. Can anyone here tell me what is wrong with it I will be really glad to knew

Just see if this can help you . just move all thing that is in the Steam folder of yours apart from steamapps in the place where ever you want . now launch the steam and log in to it and do the guard thing. I hope this can help you on this issue .

Thanks guys for reply so early I appreciate this .This is really very frustrating as I tried all thing that is mentioned on here but nothing is helping . I am guessing this is because of the new Team Fortress 2 update , but anyways guys I really appreciate your help

Thanks

This is now getting in to my nerve , I am also getting this offline error and since I was not able to work it out , I decided to uninstalled the Steam entirely. And at the moment I am not able to reinstalled it again because of this same offline error. And now I am really frustrated as it been some time now I ma unablr to play any of the game that I own or I can even purchase new ones for the reason that I am unable to install Steam. I am using the Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Well its seems like this issue is troubling everyone but now it should be solve because of the reason that Steam client has been updated and I can say that since I have noticed that the icon is changes and seems to be newer than previously. However yet I am have the problem as Steam stop in middle when updating says that I need to be online