Thread: Tribes: Ascend is available on Steam?

Tribes: Ascend is available on Steam?

Hello friends, I am playing the closed beta at present and finding it to be really funny and also entertaining, but I was thinking that if I completed the game then it will be available on Steam or not? Are there any chances to get it on Steam? What you people think about it and also what is your opinion about it, share it with me. Thank you.

Re: Tribes: Ascend is available on Steam?

I believe that there is a fairly chance to have when looking it at HiRez's Global Agenda which is been already on. Also let me tell you that Steam does not put betas in the store whether you have finished game or not. Well there were games such as Super Monday Night Combat and Dota 2 which are there after completing beta but they were not purchasable or accessible to install through store page so it does not really count. Well both of them run on invites.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I believe that there is a fairly chance to have when looking it at HiRez's Global Agenda which is been already on. Also let me tell you that Steam does not put betas in the store whether you have finished game or not. Well there were games such as Super Monday Night Combat and Dota 2 which are there after completing beta but they were not purchasable or accessible to install through store page so it does not really count. Well both of them run on invites.
    Let me tell you that both of those games really count, I would like to say that all of 3 are F2P games that are currently in closed beta. Well there is only difference that Tribes is not on Steam till now and which is the same question the user is asking about.

Well I would like to have some of Free-to-Play games on Steam. Well it was been said that Global Agenda was the first game which was introduced on Steam as standard game. Then I would say yes, they then twist it around and re-released it on Steam as Free Agent, but we are able to see what happens. Perfect World Entertainment appears to be pulling away from Steam distribution as their latest titles are rumored to not be coming soon. This might be possibility of an indication that high-profile budget free-to-play games are not as concerned in what Steam has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    Well I would like to have some of Free-to-Play games on Steam. Well it was been said that Global Agenda was the first game which was introduced on Steam as standard game. Then I would say yes, they then twist it around and re-released it on Steam as Free Agent, but we are able to see what happens. Perfect World Entertainment appears to be pulling away from Steam distribution as their latest titles are rumored to not be coming soon. This might be possibility of an indication that high-profile budget free-to-play games are not as concerned in what Steam has to offer.
    Well I am not going to miss. I have already tried titles from them and they hold back you in chatting, need to pay for any chat that reaches more people than within a few meters. The only fair F2P which I have ever come across is the Champions Online, which I subbed now for 7 pound for 2 months. Just due to their F2P Model is very much nice. I feel that Tribe is some kind of average for me in Terms of F2P. It will take way too long to release stuff even if you do well in matches, according to me. But then many people play only to unlock stuff.

Well someone has already told out, there's an installscript.vdf in the Tribes directory, so I guess that confirms a Steam version. I expect that they strip the launcher though; I find it kind of annoying that they're installing an extra service to update the game which constantly hogs 5-6% of the CPU. Most people don't have the knowledge to turn it off and set it to manual startup.

I hope it comes to Steam. I'm trying to install the beta, and while it installs successfully on net book of all things after about 5 attempts now it keeps screwing up in the same place on my actual desktop. And the installer is just such a crap design for trouble shooting stuff that I can't even troubleshoot it properly. At this point I'm starting to give up on being able to play the beta, but I'm also thinking that at this rate if it DOESNT come to steam I won't be able to play the full game either cause the hi-rez installer just won’t work for me.

There are plenty of people ingame right? if the game its supposed to be free to play it should have an ingame currency or at least a store even in the beta. I dont think it haves it. e.g. SMNC is in beta and it already haves a store. So its more likely dota 2 wont be f2p.