Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-03-2012

Not able to play single player due to offline Mass Effect 3 server

Hello friends, I do not think that EA are been the best one, well I am trying to play this game online then getting "the Mass Effect 3 Server is offline... please try again later" message and when try to continue to play in Single player game, then getting "DLC could not be verified: From Ashes" message, due to which I am not able to play game. It is really frustrating and it is not at all worth play it, is anyone else also facing the same problem which I am facing and what you have to say about it. Thank you.
Old 20-03-2012

Re: Not able to play single player due to offline Mass Effect 3 server

Well I just wanted to know that are you able to close and re-open origin or something or not? Well there are plenty of members who are facing the same thing and there is an easy fix which you would have probably searched for it. Well I have not the problem and do not know the solution for it.
Old 20-03-2012

Well let me tell you that it is not a matter of opening Origin and closing it or anything, well it is been about principle that you have to connect online to play a single player game. I think that BioWare have done this once before in Neverwinter Nights that also with their Premium modules of Kingmaker and Pirates of the Sword Coast. Well players and fans of that particular game a great deal fight back and when the site used to do the online check was eventually hacked, it permanently broke those modules and prevented anyone from every being able to play those modules again.
Old 20-03-2012

What I know that PC does have a set to get problems, but a lot of that is due to companies restricting the player with unneeded DRM & other control schemes. One of the advantages of PC's of it is that very much easy and portable. Well I am able to copy, saves and utilize them on a new computer, make plenty of backups, etc. I have got saves from games of 20 years ago & can still play them thanks to excellent emulators like DOSBox. Well there are been plenty of problems with PC.
Old 20-03-2012

Well I only play it on pc from certain time and I agree with above user on the idea of problems, it is just too hard to get a hold of the right computer and other system requirements however in the end a console will be the easiest to deal with, but I think that pc is the easier to modify and is definitely more flexible.
Old 23-03-2012

It no matter that is the stupidest thing that i have ever herd you should never have to connect online to play a freaking single player game/match. True, but as has been said before, this behavior isn't sadly new. Nearly a decade ago my friends & I were trying to play a LAN game of Neverwinter Nights, but it kept giving us error messages until we disconnected my network from the internet. Then the game played fine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,