Thread: Is it possible for CE buyers to pre-install Diablo III

Is it possible for CE buyers to pre-install Diablo III

I am willing to get Diablo III Collector's Edition and I have found that it can only be purchased as physical boxed copy, so here I just wanted to know that is there some way by which I can pre-install the game client in order to save the time for installing the game?? Or I will have to keep waiting for the installation Key to be in my possession, is there anyone who has an idea about the same???

Re: Is it possible for CE buyers to pre-install Diablo III

I am willing to get Diablo III Collector's Edition and I have found that it can only be purchased as physical boxed copy, so here I just wanted to know that is there some way by which I can pre-install the game client in order to save the time for installing the game?? Or I will have to keep waiting for the installation Key to be in my possession, is there anyone who has an idea about the same???
    As far as I know you won’t be able to download the true client if you are having a your BNET account tied it for getting it from blizzard or if you have the blizzard issued code from inside the box but then you won’t be having the box yet, as far as the quickest option for installing the game is concerned I think it will be installing from the box discs on the release day, I mean that when you will get the copy of your CE then you just have to download client> install client> enter SN and you are done.

I will like to inform you all that the Collector's Edition is available only from retail and the quickest mean to play the game is to wait for the midnight release to pick it up, I don’t think that they will be releasing a digital CE but then if you are having the WoW Annual Pass then you can just get a free digital copy of Diablo III. If you want then you can download the game at midnight and after that when you will get your CE then you can just use the CE license for overwriting the standard edition license and once you are done with the same then you will be granted 4 months of game time as well, so I think that it will be a good option that one can check out.

Hey thanks for the same but then I just wanted to know if there are possibilities of losing the progress we might have made after overwriting the CE license?? Other thing I wanted to say that from what you have mentioned above, it appears as if there is no way to Pre-Install the game for FREE if I am already getting the CE?? And I won’t be able to use the same installer, I mean the installer that will be given to people via Pre-purchase/Annual Pass?? Is that you are saying???

I will like to inform you all that the Collector's Edition is available only from retail and the quickest mean to play the game is to wait for the midnight release to pick it up, I don’t think that they will be releasing a digital CE but then if you are having the WoW Annual Pass then you can just get a free digital copy of Diablo III. If you want then you can download the game at midnight and after that when you will get your CE then you can just use the CE license for overwriting the standard edition license and once you are done with the same then you will be granted 4 months of game time as well, so I think that it will be a good option that one can check out.
    Even I need some help regarding the same, I wanted to know if I start a Monk and level it to 15 with a standard edition for e.g and after that if I will go for picking up CE and upgrade my account the next day then will my level 15 Monk be able to get the dyes and the Angel Wings as I had started the same with standard account?, do you have an idea about the same??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Hey thanks for the same but then I just wanted to know if there are possibilities of losing the progress we might have made after overwriting the CE license?? Other thing I wanted to say that from what you have mentioned above, it appears as if there is no way to Pre-Install the game for FREE if I am already getting the CE?? And I won’t be able to use the same installer, I mean the installer that will be given to people via Pre-purchase/Annual Pass?? Is that you are saying??? ----
    The overwriting of the CE license won’t be affecting your characters as well as the game progress, As far as I know the downloader might be restricted it will just allow you to pre-download but then you will have to wait for the license from the box so as to attach the same to your account.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I wanted to know if I start a Monk and level it to 15 with a standard edition for e.g and after that if I will go for picking up CE and upgrade my account the next day then will my level 15 Monk be able to get the dyes and the Angel Wings as I had started the same with standard account?, do you have an idea about the same??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated. ----
    I think it will depend on the stuff that will be granted, I am not very sire but then there are possibilities that you can trade them to the other characters on your account via shared stash, if it will be possible then there won’t be any issue in the scenario that you have explained.