Thread: Will state of player in Journey affect the ability meet with other player?

Will state of player in Journey affect the ability meet with other player?

As the title suggest will state of player in Journey affect the ability meet with other player? In case the state of the bridge is different than that of yours. Does our games connect with each other so that we can encounter? Can you tell me how game would resolve conflict if there is different kind of state the bridge? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will state of player in Journey affect the ability meet with other player?

Well according me the design of the broken bridge area seems to be non linear that was the reason players can encountered with each other in the game. however in case the games which are conflicting states which are not able to connect then you will not be able to encounter each other by any mean. It will be useful for the people who are trying to connect with the friends. I mean both the players are in unusual but in the identical state in their respective game. they would build everything at first section of the bridge so that they can decrease their chances to connecting with the people rather than of desired friend.

I was also thinking about the above mentioned things as well. I think they have implemented flag for every single critical state such as piece of the bridge. The players who are having same kind of sets of the flags would be able to meet. But I think it seems to be unimportant in terms of the game.

After going through the above mentioned thing I concluded that the designer would set flag for every single major event in that particular level. If you are connect with the people who are having same kind of bridge in the game. that is the only reason the thing would go complicated. It won’t have simple state such as cloth creatures in this particular game. when couple of people are connected then they should sync all the cloths as well as creatures in both the players games. if I am not wrong programmers as well as designers has written number of systems in order to automate the entire process. However at the end of the day it was handled by the designers that are trying to think and however all the possible state that couple of players who can be into the game and coding for the same as well.

It would be a nightmare to handle all those cases which you have described over here. however we will be able to get the answers about the journeyer who are disappeared from the game. in case couple of people are working together from the same level then it supposed to be far apart. It is possible that they are separated if one person is triggering the flag event.

I am wondering that to have an automating system supposed to be nightmare just because of difficulty. However it would take forever to complete the same manually. It did not seems to idea if you are considering the points like budget or a time limit.

Well the designers of the game has made hand-tune disconnection zones for the most of the events in this particular game. however I don’t find anything exciting in it. if you wanted to be a professional game designer than they should do something which would give some excitement to play the game. they should do the designing as well as figuring out in more details. If they don’t do then the game designer seems to be synonym for the Invisible Box Adjuster.

So far I have not wondered about any of the AI-controlled entities which are available in Journey game. I did not noticed such as cloth creatures who are jumping here and over. So I think the game designer has done really great job.

I noticed that there were couple of trophies which were rewarded if you managed t o complete the game together. However I did not get either if it and wondering bug is the root cause behind of it. I hope the developer of the game would work out on the same and release the patch to resolve the issue.