Thread: Not able to install Diablo III Beta from backup

Not able to install Diablo III Beta from backup

I was playing Diablo III Beta successfully on my machine but then yesterday there was a need for formatting the main drive due to some issue and I did the same and as I was not willing to download the files again I had took a backup of the files that I had downloaded in Program Files(x86)\Diablo III Beta but then now when I am launching the installer then I am getting an error message saying some data is not getting recognized and it is saying to download the game again, I just wanted to know that what might be the issue with the backup one???

Re: Not able to install Diablo III Beta from backup

I was playing Diablo III Beta successfully on my machine but then yesterday there was a need for formatting the main drive due to some issue and I did the same and as I was not willing to download the files again I had took a backup of the files that I had downloaded in Program Files(x86)\Diablo III Beta but then now when I am launching the installer then I am getting an error message saying some data is not getting recognized and it is saying to download the game again, I just wanted to know that what might be the issue with the backup one???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that what is the exact error that you are getting as you have not phrased them well, so just make a note of the same and then post it here so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same, just copy paste it here for further help.

Re: Not able to install Diablo III Beta from backup

I will like to inform you that transferring games between computer works fine but then it is not guaranteed or supported method as far as the installation of the game is concerned, in your case I think that the registry entries might be pointing to some other location where as the game might be in some different folder, if you are not able to get it working then just delete the game folder along with the Battle.net one and then try to reinstall the game and see if it is getting installed or not, just check out the same and then post back the result that you get for this solution. Hope that helps.