Thread: Getting error "Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again." While installing Diablo III

Getting error "Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again." While installing Diablo III

I want some help with installation of Diablo III. It is not working when I am trying to install the same. Whenever I am trying to run setup there is a weird error on the screen. The error is Could not install.The selected folder is invalid. Please choose another location. I had restarted my pc and then tried to run the setup once again. But that also failed. I want some help to deal with the issue Can anyone help me to fix the problem. Thanks.

Re: Getting error "Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again." While installing Diablo III

Did you checked your system requirements before installing the game. It is essential that you properly verify the exact system requirement to run the game. If that is not proper then your game will fail and it will not work. You can find the information on the official site of Diablo III video game. This game requires quiet a good set of hardware to get optimum output. Or else it will not work and will keep on crashing.

Re: Getting error "Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again." While installing Diablo III

My system specification is as followed:
    • Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    • System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    • BIOS: Default System BIOS
    • Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    • Memory: 4096MB RAM
    • Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM

Are you aware of the error that I have posted above???

There are chances that the game you are trying to play has a damage installer. You have to go ahead with fresh installation once again and then check back. You have to re-verify the setup file. If you are using the disc to install the game then you have to contact the seller to give you a new one. This one looks damage. That is the only common issue I think due to which you are getting the error.

Hey thanks for your interest, I have tried following the same, I have tried installing it to c drive where I am having 2gb free space, where as I have tried out all the below folders:
    • Diablo III
    • Diablo 3
    • Blizzard
    • D3
    • Install
    • Temp
    • Steam
    • Starcraft II
    • Smurfs

No matter what I have tried but then it is not making any difference and I am not able to get rid of the above error message.

I had the same issue. I dl'd the beta setup onto my secondary hard drive. It didn't matter that I ran it as admin on my computer, it still gave me the same error. I copied the setup file and pasted it onto my main hdd (c:\) and then ran the file as admin and it began working for me.

after getting through bunch of different error messages i'm finally stuck on this problem too. I have disabled UAC, firewall and anti-virus, tried running as administrator from any folder under any filename, installing to any folder. i also followed some tips from battle.net forums (which for some reason won't let me post w/o a character on it..pretty dumb imao) like changing LAN settings, re-downloading a million times and deleting any former D3 files (checked registers too)...i've read somewhere that EU servers suck or don't work at all on the weekend beta so i've tried US client too, also through an US hotspot.
    didn't get me any further
    my system specs are:
    INTEL Core2Duo T6600 2.20GHz
    3Gigs usable RAM
    Geforce GTS 160M
    Win7 x86

any other ideas how to fix this?