Thread: Changing the gun targeting distance in Birds of Steel game?

Changing the gun targeting distance in Birds of Steel game?

Well I have got to hear that we can change the targeting distance in this game. So looking at that I did try changing the targeting distance. After changing that I noticed that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the guns in BoS.. I did try changing the style of hitting but even that did not help me at all. So can anyone of you tell me what is the ideal distance for shooting that’s what I want to know from you all. If you can provide me that information then it would be very useful for me. I want to hit my target and engage inside the distance which I have entitled the target. That’s what I want.

Re: Changing the gun targeting distance in Birds of Steel game?

Quote Originally Posted by Prog^1 View Post
    Well I have got to hear that we can change the targeting distance in this game. So looking at that I did try changing the targeting distance. After changing that I noticed that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the guns in BoS.. I did try changing the style of hitting but even that did not help me at all. So can anyone of you tell me what is the ideal distance for shooting that’s what I want to know from you all. If you can provide me that information then it would be very useful for me. I want to hit my target and engage inside the distance which I have entitled the target. That’s what I want.
    Well is that so? I was not knowing that glad that you informed me about this technique it is indeed useful for me. Well earlier I was using the spray&pray approach but in that there was no guarantee of the enemies getting killed. I am happy that you have come up with this technique I will surely be looking to apply this technique in the game that’s for sure.

However I have a small question in my mind which I want to ask does it allow to set your sights and convergence that’s what I want to know.

Yes it sets the sights or convergence in the game. Well I haven’t got the method yet on how to shoot with the gun targeting distance adjusted. So if anyone does gets hold of that method then please do tell me as well.

mounted weapons were set to converge at 300 yards in BoP. Although I don’t have any idea if it has worked for anybody or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    mounted weapons were set to converge at 300 yards in BoP. Although I don’t have any idea if it has worked for anybody or not?
    No dude it works out who told you that it wont? I have personally tried it planes that were set to converge at 400 yards in BoP worked out a lot for me. You should take care of some important points in the game and that would do the trick for you. Shot placement should be very important. You should be steady and make sure that you don’t get close to the rudder as you fire because in that case the sensitivity is very less. So that are some of the points that you should look at. They are really very important.

Well I normally used to set the convergence at 150 yards. Now after reading your article I am very happy that the developers have made these changes. I was fearing that the game will slowly shift to arcade gaming.

Yes its very difficult to shoot planes down in this game. Earlier I used to find it very difficult to take a aim and start shooting. So it took some time for me. However as I started adjusting the convergence to increasing length it started giving me good results. You have to wait a lot before you get a clear shot. Once you get the clear shot you can line the arteries up and start firing you can notice the cross hair lighting up red. The spray and pray technique was the most common method sued earlier but no longer now after we got to know about the adjusting the convergence yards. So do try it guys you should go ahead with this method.

question Re: Changing the gun targeting distance in Birds of Steel game?

Does anyone know how to lower the yards? Does anyone have any idea about it then do share it that would be better for me. Well in my case it is set to 500 by default. So does anyone know how to lower them will lowering them affect in anyways or is it good to aim at higher level than 500?

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Does anyone know how to lower the yards? Does anyone have any idea about it then do share it that would be better for me. Well in my case it is set to 500 by default. So does anyone know how to lower them will lowering them affect in anyways or is it good to aim at higher level than 500?
    Yes that’s the good length I suppose you are saying 500 meters right? Though I am a bit bad in conversion but if I calculate then I get a value of 1,700 feet which is a very good distance to aim in. bullets aimed at such a distance will hit the target in a tight cluster and do some major damage. That’s for sure. So enjpy flying in that distance it would be good for you.