Thread: What old units you will like to see in command and conquer: Tiberium Alliances

What old units you will like to see in command and conquer: Tiberium Alliances

I started playing Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances yesterday. After playing for some time, I realized that it has many units missing from the previous parts. I would like to see many of the old units from previous versions in this game. The Attack Bike & the flame tank are 2 units which I miss from the previous parts. Does anybody else miss some old units?

Re: What old units you will like to see in command and conquer: Tiberium Alliances

I miss the Spectre gunship from older version. The best part of that aircraft was its speed. It was difficult for enemy units to lock its targets on this aircraft. To add to this good property, it was equipped with heavy machine guns which would cause a good amount of damage to the enemy units. Another good thing about this unit was, it wouldn’t focus on single enemy unit but can be assigned a whole area to create mayhem. It would roam around in circle at a designated area and destroy every enemy unit that entered the territory. I would use them in packs of 10 to 12 units. This would create an hell in the enemy base.

Re: What old units you will like to see in command and conquer: Tiberium Alliances

My favorite unit from Command and Conquer series is the Firehawk. The plane looks weird in shape. One can say that the plane is wrong if aerodynamics is considered. But in the game I loved it. It used the V-Tol system for flight. Using which, it could take off and land at an specific point. The best part of this unit was that it was effective against both ground units and air units too. Equipped with Hellcat bombs and Rattle snake Missiles, it was a good fighting machine. Using the Rattle snake missiles, one could knock down enemies air units. The Hellcat Bomb was one the best weapon to bring down enemy buildings. I know the unit was useless when it came to fight tanks and water crafts but still I liked them.

I miss the Ghost Stalker from the Command and Conquer series. I know he is of Hero class, but still he was one of the best units in Command & Conquer series. He had the ability to plant C4 explosives which was good for destroying buildings. He carried the railgun which fried the complete human units. The only problem was his low health, but that’s fine as he could survive nuclear radiations.

I loved the ORCA assault aircraft from the Tiberium series. It seems that the Tiberium Alliances does not have this unit. It was a weak unit and found in beginning of the game. I used it for defensive purpose. The main thing I liked about it was that it was cheap and took less time to be produced. It was a good scouting unit. I used to make it stationary in various parts of map to remove the war fog from the mini map. It really helped to see the enemy activities in that part. It was a good unit to defend against the basic soldiers. They were good for stopping enemy’s incoming huge attacks. When I detected a large army of enemy units coming, I would send a group of 20 to 25 ORCA assault aircraft. This wouldn’t destroy them, but would give me enough time to prepare a army of mine to fight against them.

I like the Zone Raiders in Tiberium Wars. I really think that they should be introduced in Tiberium Alliances. They were great for almost all sorts of threats. They could fight against land units, tanks, aircrafts & watercrafts. They were great when it called for destroying a building. Their Sonic grenade was a great weapon. They were good for destroying enemies that came in pack as their sonic grenades caused a wave like effect. They could even be transported from one place to another easily. The only problem they faced was to fight against enemy units with good speed. But they even defeated them when in packs.

I miss the chemical warriors. They were great for fighting against the weapons with bio Hazard weapons. They wore the Anti-Bio Hazard and Anti Nuclear suit. Also the gun that could release chemicals was great damaging weapon.

I likes the Mammoth Tank from the Command and Conquer series. It was missing in Tiberium Sun an also in Tiberium Alliances. But they were great when it needed for defense. Equipped with 2 barrels for bombing and the 4 set of tracked wheels it would create a good wall of defense around the base. Once deployed in packs around the base, no enemy unit, human, non-human or tank could trespass them. They were also good in pack when it came to attacking. The only drawback was its speed and lack of aerial attacks.

Doesn’t anyone remember Mastodons. The big robot like things equipped with railguns. I say, they were the best defenders in the whole series. They were available at reasonable price that made possible to deploy them all around the base. The best thing about their attacks was they destroyed every unit that came in the line of attack. They also had attacking capabilities for air units and water units. Though the secondary attack was not effective, they were good in defending a certain area.