Thread: How to prevent bots in Diablo III?

How to prevent bots in Diablo III?

Well I came to know that Blizzard is going to take an active stance against of bots in Diablo III. I was thinking that whether it could cause any issue with this particular game. I think RMAH supposed to give more incentive to the people in order to create automated programs to play the game so that they will be they can earn more money. Do you have any speculation on it?

Re: How to prevent bots in Diablo III?

In the treasure goblins we can have best loot on them one with the random elites as well as events. If someone managed to code the bot successfully then he should be able to chase down the treasure goblin and live. Then the fellow is great codder.

The biggest threat is hacking. As hackers are having purpose of getting real money through your account. Bots seems to be existing but their function area is quite small. They can do very small part of the loot brought to the AH. I know that it is not impossible to do botting in the game. however it is quite harder than that of D2 because of the random environment involved in the game. there would be less drop from the bosses as well as you will have less amount of the spammable teleport as compared to the previous version of the game.

I don’t think so hacking seems to be a major issue with Diablo 2. The only reason why hacking is happening because this particular game is quite old enough and it is not update till now. The developer of the game are not providing the fan service as well as support to the game as well.

Well according to me Key logging could be difficult for hacker if players are really wondering about the game as they are supposed to be an authenticator attached with b.net account. If there is happening of key logged then anyone will not be able to do anything even though he is having the information. This particular game is running on the server side. That means that people will not be able to access the file of the game at immediate basis. So it would be quite difficult to hacked the client side. I know its not perfect but sufficient enough for the amount of the people who are playing WoW VS the total number of hackers.

Botting could be the biggest issue with the game as they can be created quite easily. If there is extremely complex macro then it can cause an issue.

I don’t agree that botting is biggest issue rather hacking should be. Well I am wondering that hacking accounts supposed to be the earnest. In case your account has been hacked then you will be able to sell the gears and gold legally for the real world cash. If you are thinking that it is quite easy to create bot then you are totally wrong. Bots for WoW are seems to be quite simple as their world is quite static. People are able to design as well as operate the bot to set the environment which did not seems to change. Navigations such as mobs to kills and combat routine. Also things like where to go and when to go. They are pre –scripted. In D3 there is large number of randomization involved that means bot has to learn all the things that are how to navigate as well as randomized terrain . alos there would be execution of sophisticated combat routine so that it can stay alive and kill the enemies in the game efficiently.

Bot should simply read all information from the memory and send back the action through the memory injection. As it has been already stated that there should be great majority of the content in D3 for all the server side which mean bot is supposed to be interacting with the memory in the real time. There are lots of people who are able to learn how to create a bot as well as hack the game. according to me the developer of the game should make take some serious precautions for the combat hacking account and selling the items as well as gold to get the real money.

Whether you are playing single player as well as online mode does not having large impact on the hack prevention. According to me bot supposed to be really simple program to create. Only thing which you have to consider that how complex or efficient program you wanted to create in the game. also the thing is dependent with the separation between the player s which are Protected ones or unprotected ones. Protected players are going to have best items as well as characters. However unprotected players are going to play the game at slower pace and less interest.

People are thinking that if their accounts are hacked then all they are going to post all the items on the RMAH. RMAH is linked with battle.net account. I think it is a minor bug and it should be fixed by the developer. First thing which I wanted to tell you that you should log into the account and drop the items and select the one for the character.