Thread: Diablo III Installation Error message:"Failed to Download"

Diablo III Installation Error message:"Failed to Download"

After downloading Diablo III when I launched the setup it is giving me Failed to Download message. I am getting this constantly on my screen whenever I try to run a full installation. I am not able to understand why this thing keeps on crashing. I had tried contacting the game developer but they had not reported back. I want some help here to identify the reason behind problem I am facing. I cannot figure out why this keeps on crashing.

Re: Diablo III Installation Error message:"Failed to Download"

There can be a internet issue. The launcher still download some files from the web to initiate installation and when this is not appropriate it might crash. So you have to just verify the connectivity here. Check that it is proper. All you have to do is check your internet connection. And then retry to launch the setup. Disable your antivirus or any other security application for the time being. This would be enough to fix the problem.

Some time the security application is the cause of problem. You just have to turn it off. You can disable any antivirus or security application installed in your system. The most common antivirus which cause this issue is Zone-Alarm. If you have this then disable it. Also some are keeping firewall on. You have to turn it off for some time and test back. A number of time the installer which you are using is damage. You have to re-download the same.

Such issue appear if you are in a restricted network. You just have to check that. Like if there are block ports then you have to manually apply a port to access data. Or else this would be not working properly. I think the game uses 80, 1119, etc ports to communicate with the server. So you can just unblock this one and test back. Turning Firewall will do the job. It is quiet enough to get rid of this error. And once the files are properly downloaded you can enjoy the game. I was trying to play a multiplayer game and due to firewall I was facing connectivity problem. I tried many stuff but nothing worked.