Thread: Mass Effect 3: Helmets

Mass Effect 3: Helmets

Hello friends, well Executive Producer of Mass Effect on twitter have told that in Mass Effect 3 when you are having Helmet on then it will be taken off when engage into a conversation. Which I think it is really great and there will be no movement of hands or anything to remove it. I believe that there should be a scene were shep takes it off with their own hands or just pressing a button making the helmet fold back, and when you are done with conversation then it make it fold back up again. If they can do it then it will be really cool and also cinematic. Even wanted to know that what you people think about it? Will it be good or bad and also how we can make it better. Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Re: Mass Effect 3: Helmets

Well if it would be able to take the helmets off then I would really like to do it and also I was using the Kuwashii visor in Mass Effect 2, due to the reason of Kestrel helmet looked too ridiculous in conversation. If there is something or else related to that then I would be trying to that through omni tool.

I am having suggestion about helmets in games, such how about designing helmets with three different toggable states, such as Fully-enclosed helmet, Open helmet with retracted visor and No helmet. If this is thing then if wishing to have a fully-enclosed helmet during conversations and combat then you can have it and also all of sudden wanted to view Shepard's face without unequipping the helmet then you might need to toggle it to set the helmet to a different state, such that in the Open. Well this can be probably better than having two various equippable helmets and it should be available for customization which is basic thing.

Well yes, the open helmet shows plenty of Shepard's facial expressions which were not at all restricted for him wearing it. I am having one problem with it that I feel that is very much silly when he won't take it off when he enters a city or some other non-combat oriented area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    Well yes, the open helmet shows plenty of Shepard's facial expressions which were not at all restricted for him wearing it. I am having one problem with it that I feel that is very much silly when he won't take it off when he enters a city or some other non-combat oriented area.
    It is the same thing. Well what I wanted to say is that people wish to have "Robocop" Shepard during combat, but also wishing that he to show his face during cut scenes without essentially having the helmet disappear.

In my opinion, I am very much fine with it and also what they have done. Where people wanted to have a helmet toggle and they have just got one. Well need to check where the helmet goes? No reason to the narrative about it. I would be more annoying if they have done some kind of helmets folding away thing, which I believe that it is silly lore addition for the final game. Even there are couples of scenes, at least in the start on Mars, where Shepard and Co. remove and change their helmets as they transfer among environments. Well someone from above user has told that it would get old to watch a remove helmet animation before every conversation.

Even I also agree with it. For a number of reason, I'm very much open to the thoughts of me myself toggling the helmet on and off as I see fit than to have it randomly disappearing just for the reason that Shepard make a decision to start speaking, even though the end effect is basically the same.