Thread: Getting "Error code: BLZPTS0002" in Diablo III

Getting "Error code: BLZPTS0002" in Diablo III

Hello I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on Alienware M14X and last night I have downloaded the Diablo III Beta invitation. But after downloading the setup.exe from the official website I am getting an error message saying that:” We could not connect to the battle.net patch service. Please check your internet connectoin and try again. Please click the link below for more information or contact Customer Support if the problem persists.
    Error code: BLZPTS0002

Does anyone know how to solve this error? Thanks

Re: Getting "Error code: BLZPTS0002" in Diablo III

Even I have getting this same issue and I have tried many things to solve it but nothing seems to be working. I am getting this error message while downloading setup.exe file. Please can anyone suggest me any solution on this issue and so that I can download and install this game without any issue.
    System:
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970
    • SMBIOS Version 2.5
    • Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB
    • ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series

Hello I have found solution for this problem. You are getting this error message due to the Agent.exe process on your system and so I would like to suggest you to remove Agent.exe and after that you can install this game without any issue. First close all the program on your system and after that open the task manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete), now on the task manager go to the process tab and after that right click on the Agent.exe and select End Process.

Ok first of all I would like to suggest you to disable all security program on your system and after that try to download the game files again. Along with this, to download any game from Blizzard Downloader, you should open below ports:
    TCP & UDP Ports: 1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 6881 – 6999
    This has been working fine for all. For more information on Blizzard Downloader troubleshooting issue I would like to recommend you to go to the below thread:

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1458154.htm

Hello thanks for the replies and I have tried all steps that is given above like I have opened all the port although when I try to remove the Agent.exe from task manager I am getting error message saying that access is denied and I am not able to remove the Agent.exe. I even tried to scan my pc with the antivirus software installed in my machine but nothing gets picked up. Do you have any other solution? Thanks