Thread: Mass Effect 3 “From Ashes” not available on the disc

Mass Effect 3 “From Ashes” not available on the disc

Hello friends, I am seeing plenty of discussion about DLC and wanted to share something. Well “From Ashes” which is 600 MB along with all new content, having mission on Eden Prime, new dialogue options and conversations with Javik and also some new cinematic, the Protean weapon, and new appearances for all squad members. All of these were completed and a main game was in certification and is not available on the disc. It is been stated earlier that instead of seamlessly integrate Javik into the core campaign some of framework elements and character models needed to added on to disc. Well I wanted to have something similar with Zaeed and Kasumi which was there in Mass Effect 2. What you people have to say about it? Thank you.

Re: Mass Effect 3 “From Ashes” not available on the disc

Well it is really sad and it was been mentioned earlier that certain elements were on the disc, so due to which there will be not much they could do about that. Due to that most of the people have access to Kasumi's VO and other elements from the older version of this game by searching/editing files. Well there is some issue with PC version and it is been open to abuse, stripping, modifying and changing. I am not at sure that what they will be doing about it and will have to pay extra enable us PC users to get an easier way to play their games on this format. Well it is been edited is a lot more limited amount of content compare to original DLC. Even those who select such then will not get of what those of all have to pay for though.

As far as I am worried bioware only did two things you can really criticize, First is that ending, but this is a matter of taste. They didn't do anything WRONG, the writers could have thought the ending was great. And the second thing is that Multiplayer incorporated in single player. It is a better thing to have multiplayer tie into single player, liked the concept. I think that it should not have such a massive impact on the ending. It's not happening with Xbox owners who have to actually pay for online. Bioware is being made into the devil, as is typical of BIG game companies these days.

I agree and also all that is there is fine and good, but I believe the point is that many people feel that if DLC was designed for a past earlier than the game gone into certification and if it is prepared earlier than game even launches, it should be a part of the core game and shouldn't cost any extra money. It actually does not even matter what Bioware/EA imagine about and it actually does not matter how things work. What it matters is what the fans think. Sincerely, it will be better to stop making Day 1 DLC and in its place use the time towards creating a proper expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubboy View Post
    I agree and also all that is there is fine and good, but I believe the point is that many people feel that if DLC was designed for a past earlier than the game gone into certification and if it is prepared earlier than game even launches, it should be a part of the core game and shouldn't cost any extra money. It actually does not even matter what Bioware/EA imagine about and it actually does not matter how things work. What it matters is what the fans think. Sincerely, it will be better to stop making Day 1 DLC and in its place use the time towards creating a proper expansion pack.
    If it was budgeted separately, developed separately, and finished separately, it is perfectly genuine to charge for it separately. Particularly this is the key here, and then would not have been designed for or developed at all had there not been a hope of additional revenue emotionally involved to it. The concept of a complete game is fairy story effect by angry gamers to give reason for their desire for more free stuff that costs money, resources, and manpower to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    Well it is really sad and it was been mentioned earlier that certain elements were on the disc, so due to which there will be not much they could do about that. Due to that most of the people have access to Kasumi's VO and other elements from the older version of this game by searching/editing files. Well there is some issue with PC version and it is been open to abuse, stripping, modifying and changing. I am not at sure that what they will be doing about it and will have to pay extra enable us PC users to get an easier way to play their games on this format. Well it is been edited is a lot more limited amount of content compare to original DLC. Even those who select such then will not get of what those of all have to pay for though.
    I agree with it and there will be chance if they take. What I wanted to say that once you purchase it, it’s basically yours to do whatever with, it's not legislative property so it's not banned. I mean it is limited as you say, but there are still ways to bypass that in a less than grey way. In the similar breath there's the problem with people paying for the dlc on one Xbox and move the rights to one more account basically bypassing who pay for dlc.

I think that it not on the disk but you cannot reject that this was made in same time with the game. We are not fool to pay for it. It just plain out-rights money grabbing tactics. Can avoid it all you desire but the fact is for the full game we have to spent some of the money over more money. From Ashes might not be needed but the reality is that a living breathing Prothean is part of DLC which is a very big slap to the face. Seriously I believe that there would not even include a big contract about this if you just added it with the game in the first place and charged 70$.

Let me tell you that there are plenty of things which are been designed and get cut from games during the time of development, should the whole thing that was once cut and might be put into action later date for a fee be considered it to be a part of the complete game. Well it is been illogical, also selfish distinction which allows players to imagine that they are victims.

I agree with this to a point, that point is IF the content is considered center, not just adding up content. An a case is in Mass Effect, if they decided to cut out the first mission. Or if in Mass Effect 2 there is no IFF mission. Then the DLC comes out for that. I think then it’s completely valid to ask for it free. There are times when this kind of shading marketing plan pulls this.